Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
old bag
United States
Unspecified
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am getting my son the second expansion Eastern Front, does that work on its own merit with Memoir'44? Or do you have to get the first expansion and the new winter/desert board map?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Buel
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion works without the Terrain Pack expansion and without the snow board.

You might want the snow board just because it looks cool, but you don't have to have it.

The missions in the Eastern Front box aren't dependent upon the Terrain Pack expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
Both the Terrain and the Eastern Front expansions will stand on their own. The snow/sand board does not really stand on its own, its more of an esthetics item for the two expansions.

The Terrain expansion adds new terrain tiles and some special forces rules and such. In my opinion its the weaker of the two expansions in actual "stuff" you get but the more interesting of the two because of the potiential new scenarios could be very interesting and fun.

The Eastern Front expansion adds of course the Eastern Forces. Because it has the infantry, tanks and Arty for the eastern front armies it is the "must have" expansion of the two in my opinion. The rules appear to do a good job of flavouring the new army, however I have yet to play a game so thats just an educated guess.

I suspect you will find yourself wanting all of the expansions if you and your son enjoy the game alot.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.