CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Tis the season to start making my shopping list of games to get for xmas. Here are the games I'm looking for and I did the leg work already:

Mesopotamia -- Thought Hammer $29.25

Tempus -- Boulder $31.40 N/A meeple
Fairplay $34.95 N/A
Funagain $39.95 N/A
Thought Hammer$32.47

Byzantium -- Fairplay $41.95 meeple (Adam Spielt 26,90 euros)
Funagain $47.95

Timbuktu -- NADA ( Adam Spielt 24,95 euros)

Oltremare(new) Board & Bits $25.99 (Adam Spielt 17,95 euros)
Funagain $31.95
Thought Hammer $25.97 meeple

Ostia -- NADA ( Adam Spielt 16,50 euros )

Il Principe -- Boards & Bits $23.49 meeple (Adam Spielt 19,95 euros)

Daimyo -- NADA

Caylus -- Board 7 Bits $32.49
Fairplay $34.95
Funagain $39.95
Thought Hammer $32.47 meeple

Gloria Mundi -- Card Haus $25.57
Fairplay $26.45
Funagain $30.35
Though Hammer $24.67 meeple

Antike -- FairPlay $68.95 (Adam Spielt 37,95 euros )

Hacienda -- Boulder $21.70 meeple (Adam 24,95 euros )
Fairplay $24.45
Funagain $27.95
Thought Hammer $22.72

Ark -- Board & Bits $13.49
Fairplay $13.95
Funagain $15.95
Thought Hammer $12.97 meeple

Key Largo -- NADA (Adam Spielt 29,50 euros)

Siena -- Board & Bits $33.49 (Adam Spielt 27,90 euros)
Boulder $31.40 meeple
Fairplay $34.95
Funagain $39.95
Thought Hammer $32.49

Silk Road -- NADA

Railroad Tycoon Boulder $31.40 meeple
Cardhaus $34.99
Fairplay $34.95
Funagain $39.95
Thought Hammer $32.49

Indonesia -- NADA

Kai Vai -- NADA (Adam Spielt 32,50 euros )

Pünct -- Fairplay $22.95 (Adam Spielt 21,50 euros)
Funagain $26.50
Thought Hammer $21.42 meeple

GemBlo -- Funagain $43.50 (exclusive so far)

EDIT: I added Adam Spielt whenever possible. The euro rate now is 1.205 US = 1.0 Euro. A bit more for shipping, and some titles are the German versions.

Feel free to let me know af any other from the above list of other discounters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Mamula
United States
Oakmont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This might help:
http://www.michaelareed.com/boardgamesearch/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I think Silk Road can pretty safely be crossed off for a Christmas purchase. The last I had read it was probably going to be January before it's available. There's no info on the game up on the zmangames.com site yet either as far as I can see so I'm assuming it's still on the back burner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tornadog wrote:
remember how mom used to say to stay away from those kids that had expensive habits. You would be on the top of that list

Yeah, no doubt. Just added that lovely list up and it's half a T-bill. To bad noone else is getting anything from me for x-mas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Becker
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike,

Go add Candy Land to this list. It's a limited edition and should appeal to a game collector like you. (Just a joke for a firned!)

Amor vincit omnia!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Zentis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike, it's probably worth sending an E-mail to Boards and Bits and/or Funagain asking about the games you listed as NADA. Both places had people at Essen, and I'd be really surprised if they weren't planning on carrying at least some of the harder-to-find Essen goodies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beckerdo wrote:
Mike,

Go add Candy Land to this list. It's a limited edition and should appeal to a game collector like you. (Just a joke for a firned!)

Amor vincit omnia!

Shouldn't you be painting some Numidian Army mini's you can used to get slaughtered by some 10 year old kid (again). Maybe if you did some rank'n'file like the Romans did you might actually win this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
caesarmom wrote:
Mike, it's probably worth sending an E-mail to Boards and Bits and/or Funagain asking about the games you listed as NADA. Both places had people at Essen, and I'd be really surprised if they weren't planning on carrying at least some of the harder-to-find Essen goodies.

Possibly true. I have found however that they tend to really price up their "special orders". And I might be better off getting those games at AS all at once and save some money. Will take longer, but the exchange rate is "almost" bearable lately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Zentis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I have found however that they tend to really price up their "special orders".

True enough. If they already have the stuff on the way, though, it might not be so bad, and you'd definitely save on shipping...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Burnett
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Possibly true. I have found however that they tend to really price up their "special orders". And I might be better off getting those games at AS all at once and save some money. Will take longer, but the exchange rate is "almost" bearable lately.

Also, I find they (FunAgain) tend to take their time in getting many of the harder to find items in. Don't take me wrong, I'm a huge FunAgain purchaser. But if I want something quickly, I usually purchase it from a German supplier.

Regarding FunAgain purchases, FunAgain just started a frequent-customer discount program based on the amount of money you have spent with them. According to their calculations, I have spent over $4000 since Sept 2004! Geez! So bring your new games over Mike, perhaps I won't be buying any new ones since my company didn't give out a bonus this year.

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Truefully by the looks of the prices I will make three orders, one to thought hammer, one to boulder and one to Adam Spielt. Hard to beat those prices. I would like to get indonesia, but orders from Splottin your looking a timeline of at least 3-4 months. Sucks for that instant grad.

It also looks like AS got in Key Largo (as an update).

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's been 6 months, and I thought I'd share how my Xmas faire went

Mesopotamia -- One of my new favorite Phalanx games. A nice logistics game that has interesting race play. Felt similar to Lost Valley, but i enjoyed Mesopotamia even better. Felt like I had a little more control.

Tempus -- STIILL WAITING!!!!

Byzantium -- Interesting wargame. You play both sides, and has roles similar to Caylus. The only downside was the dice combat determination, and it runs a tad long. But even with that I definitely can't wait to play again.

Timbuktu -- Bought it but haven't played it yet. Must get it to the table

Oltremare(new) - Decided not to buy it, I own the original which I like well enough. They canged the payouts, which some have complained about, so rather than sour it, decided to keep playing the original.

Ostia -- Didn't buy it. Everyone in my gaming circles it was ad dull as a rubber ball.

Il Principe -- ANother one I really like. Played it completely wrong in the first playing, but man what a better game it was when I played it right! Auction + majority. A dfeinite good buy.

Daimyo -- didn't buy it yet, may have to wait for a bigger printing.

Caylus -- Well, it's Caylus. What else has to be said.

Gloria Mundi -- Still Waiting!.

Antike -- Probably the favorite out of the bunch this year. A perfect mix of lgistics, civilization, and player hosage, and with no glaring flaws. Played it several times this year. I thik this one has some holding power.

Hacienda -- Bought it, and have seen it played like 10 times, and missed every oportunity to play! Hope my circle won't burn out before I get to sit down and play it.

Ark -- Haven't bought it yet

Key Largo -- Doh! Forgot to put this on my latest Adam Spielt order! Damnit!

Siena -- Didn't get a warm fuzzy about this, so I passed on buying it.

Silk Road -- Still Waiting!

Railroad Tycoon I decided not to buy it. Felt it was just a watered down AoS, which I have and love. So decided to just buy more AoS maps.

Indonesia -- Another winner! Got this last month, and really warmed to it's mechanics. The company merger portion blew me away. Felt very original. I am even working on a gaint map to play with...

Kai Vai -- I liked this well enough. Didn't buy it but played it. This kind of game I tend not to wrap my brain around so well. Games like La Citta. But wasn't bad.

GemBlo -- God bless GemBlo, So you say you have 3-5-6 players, no worrys, GemBlo fit that number to a tee when blokus does not. A perfect complement.

So truefully, I think most of this batch was really good. No glarring rotten tomatoes in the bunch.

Recent Adam order:

Die Dolmengotter
Hive Delux
Ta Yu
Zum im Zug: Marklin Edition
MauerBauer
La Citta'

Hopefully this next batch will please as well.... meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.