1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Which of the Campaigns in Russia games should I get? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
West Midlands
flag msg tools
I want to buy a VPG small game to help introducing more people to the hobby (and to sorta finish introducing myself). I would like your opinions on the four games from the Campaigns in Russia system. Battle for Moscow (second edition) seems to be the easiest one, and being part of the Battlesson series would be an obvious choice. However, looking at The Arduous Beginning, Objective: Kiev, and Target: Leningrad, it seems that them might have a little more to offer without a great increase in difficulty or number of rules.

Which one of them would have the best ratio of rules complexity/interesting gameplay? Are the other three games conceived as introductory wargames in the same fashion as BfM? About the Battlesson booklet included with BfM, should it be a decisive factor in my choice?

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.