New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
During a recruitment turn, can you play 2 Dogs of War to fetch twice?

Thanks!

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norbert Dolwig
Germany
Altbach
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
hello Andrew

i would expand the question:
the same problem is at the end of the battle.
but in the explanation for scavenge is the plural ("retrieve face up cards") used.

Norbert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Montgomery
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Andrew Parks wrote:
During a recruitment turn, can you play 2 Dogs of War to fetch twice?

Thanks!

Andrew

No - it says "Once during your turn you may ... discard 1 dog to take 1 card ..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, guys!

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Getzen
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Norbert wrote:

i would expand the question:
the same problem is at the end of the battle.
but in the explanation for scavenge is the plural ("retrieve face up cards") used.

It is clear that only 1 dog may be played during the recruitment phase, but the question above, concerning the post-battle scavenging, is still unanswered.

My reading of the rules lead me to believe that a player could activate a dog, use one of them to scavenge a card, wait for other players to take their turns, then activate another dog to scavenge another card.

I came to this conclusion based on the plural "cards" (mentioned above) and the sentence that says, "Continue in order until all who played Dogs have activated up to 2 of them."

Anyone have the official word?

Getzen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. You may only take one action after each battle.

It is clarified on their website:

http://www.sunrivergames.com/site_pages/show/17

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Humphrey
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Sorry for the confusion. Our download called "Running the Dogs of War" may help a little bit on our website at the link Adam mentioned, http://www.sunrivergames.com/site_pages/show/17

RECRUITING
As mentioned above, you can only take _one_ Dog action during a recruiting turn:
Play 1 Dog to scavenge (take a face-up card from the table) -OR-
Play 2 Dogs to Loot the Dead (grab one card from the Discard Pile.)

AFTER A BATTLE
This one is less understood. Dang! Here's the rule: "After the Battle, each player may activate up to 2 Dogs that were played during Battle."

1) This means you can activate 2 Dogs at once (discard them) when the turn comes to you to Loot the Dead and grab a card from the Discard Pile. If you do that you're done - you have used 2 Dogs.

OR

2) You can use one Dog at a time to scavenge. If you choose this option, you "activate" your first Dog to scavenge (take a face up card from the table) when the turn comes to you, starting with the Havoc caller.

This turn keeps going around the table for anyone who has a Dog to use. When the turn comes back to you, you can use a _second_ Dog to scavenge a second card. If you're the only one who played Dogs this turn, you will use them one after the other.

You can only use two Dogs after a Battle, regardless of how many you played in that Battle.

Hope this helps. Thanks for playing and giving us helpful feedback.

KC Humphrey
Sunriver Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.