Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Carlos Corral
Mexico
México
D.F.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that the provost can not be moved to the special buildings area before the bridge, but, May it be moved to the bridge (meaning no neutral building is going to be activated)?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david funch
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
No, that would be silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Corral
Mexico
México
D.F.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if you are the last to move the provost, and you are unable to activate any of your buildings (since they are 3+ spots from the provost's current position, or since you are short of money)?
In the other hand, you have the chance to avoid any other player from actaivating his/her buildings, by moving the provost backwards, down to the bridge.
Maybe it's silly for you, but once again, Is it permitted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't move the provost onto the bridge, or put it in your pocket, or in the castle, or on the king's favor chart, or anywhere else. It moves back and forth among the spaces on the road, but not to the special buildings. And there aren't any such spaces on the bridge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Attia
France
Paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcorral wrote:
The rules state that the provost can not be moved to the special buildings area before the bridge, but, May it be moved to the bridge (meaning no neutral building is going to be activated)?
Thanks

No. The provost can only move to building spaces (either empty or with a building), and not on the bridge or on a special building before it. As a consequence, the first neutral building is always activated, since the provost cannot move before it.

This will be added to the FAQ.

William

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Corral
Mexico
México
D.F.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you William.

I guess I can take the provost out of my pocket now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even in the first turn in the game, the provost may be moved several spaces back. I consider that a very real threat. Thus, if I am the starting first player, I would tend to play in an early building. If the first neutral is the Carpenter, I'll definitely play there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.