Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Report by: Kevin Bender

Renee had to leave after we finished our game of Age of Steam. That left us with eight so we decided to end the night with what is fast becoming one of our favorite night caps. The card play is fast and furious and the laughter and fun are pretty terrific as well.
This was the first time we had played with the Dodge City expansion, which would allow for 8 players instead of the original 7 player limit of Bang! It took some getting used to the new green border cards which took a turn before they became active, but the new cards still added some interesting new options to the game play.

Rhonda revealed herself as the Sheriff, while I was sitting on one side of her and Alison on the other. The outlaws lay low initially and no one took a shot at the sheriff so it was difficult to figure out who to call out. You see, I was a deputy. So it was my job to keep the Sheriff alive.

I put out a barrel to protect myself, as still not a shot had rang out on those dusty streets of our frontier town. The Sheriff promptly took my barrel and put it front of herself. Well, I guess it was just as well that it protects her, although I was still thinking about going to the Sheriff’s office and asking for a raise if she was going to keep stealing my stuff. Of course, she didn’t know I was on her side.
So then, Robert steals the barrel she took from me…well, that couldn’t go unpunished. So I called the scoundrel out with a Duel.

Then Robert decided it was time to toss some dynamite around. Dynamite is very deadly, and sometimes dangerous to the person that lights it. Fortunately for Robert he survived setting the dynamite and it began to make it’s dangerous way around the table.

In the meantime, Charles was barricading himself in the corner, and putting himself quite a safe distance from everyone else.
On the other end of the table, Chris, whose character allowed him to hold as many cards in his hand as he wished, was slowly building up a hefty amount of cards.

When the bullets finally started flying, and some dynamite exploding, Robert, an outlaw would be the first to fall. One of the Renegades, Byron, would fall next. Then, our trusted deputy Mark would meet his end. Alison, our lone remaining renegade would fall next.
This left the Sheriff (Rhonda) and a deputy (me), to face off against two crafty outlaws, Chris and Charles.

Chris and his endless hand of cards had exacted a great toll of carnage of lawman and lawbreaker alike up to this point, and he seemed unstoppable. He had the sheriff on the ropes, she was down to one life point.

That’s when the dynamite rolled his way.

With Chris out of the game, that left only the well protected Charles to deal with. I was pleased that I still had all four of my life points at this late stage in the game, but sadly no way to help the Sheriff or to reach that dastardly outlaw.

A lucky shot would send the Sheriff off into the sunset, and the outlaws would be victorious.

Finals: Charles would defeat the sheriff, Rhonda, so he and his two cohorts Robert and Chris would win.

Ratings: Chris 10 Robert 10 Charles 9.5 Byron 9 Alison 8 Rhonda 8 Kevin 8 Mark 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.