Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tutankhamen was originally released by Amigo back in 1993. It was one of the first “German-style” games I added to my collection. Back then, I remember describing the game as decent, but nothing special. Through the years, my opinion has improved a bit, but the game will not ever rise to the top tier of my collection.

Players represent archaeologists combing the pyramids and historical sites of Egypt for valuable artifacts. The value of artifacts increases when collected in sets, so the object is to possess the most of a set when it is completed. As such, it does fall in the category of “majority” games.

There are some interesting choices to be made during the game, particularly in regards to which artifacts to collect and how far to move along the path. One must be cognizant of the layout of the artifacts, and keep a careful eye on how the artifacts will score. If you are collecting artifacts of a set whose last tile is near the end of the path, it will not score until late in the game … if ever. Further, you must constantly assess the status of your opponents, as their sets may score prior to your sets, and perhaps even end the game before your sets have been completed.

While the decisions are important, the game still falls into the “light-weight” category. That’s not a bad thing, as it plays quickly, is easy to learn, and offers interesting choices. As such, it is quite the fine game, and one which can easily be played and enjoyed by gamers and casual gamers alike.

Keith, Rhonda, Terry, Gail, Kevin and I prowled the pathways to the pyramid, collecting valuable artifacts along the way. Rhonda was the most proficient at collecting the valuable sets, and was able to deplete her tribute coins first.

Finals (in terms of remaining tribute coins):

Rhonda 0, Keith 4, Greg 6, Gail 8, Terry 9, Kevin 11

Ratings: Keith 8, Rhonda 7, Kevin 7, Greg 6.5, Terry 6, Gail 6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.