Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
I just came into a copy of "Keytown" (complete, excllent condition). It has "141/500" printed on it.

Can anyone tell me about the game, and the limited print run?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Siggins
England
Bexhill
SUSSEX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Limited edition of 500, that was it. One the highly collectable (see eBay) Key Series. Play and enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
It isn't worth anything.

Send it to me.

I'll pay for shipping/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Keytown was the third in the Key series from Richard Breese. It's essentially an area majority/resource management game that has some interesting mechanisms. A common complaint is that all the nice mechanisms don't mesh very well together into an intuitive game. Not a bad game overall. The numbers you refer to are the print run. Richard Breese comes out with a new game every couple of years at Essen. He self publishes these games. He does the design work, his family does a lot of the play testing and his sister does the artwork (which is very nice). Typical print runs in the past years have been 500-600 copies. Keydom was 500 copies I think before someone picked it up and turned it into Alladin's Dragons, Keytown was 500 copies, Keythedral was 600 copies before it was rereleased and finally Reef Encounter was 1066 copies before it was released. His games are typically hot sells in recent years with Keythedral and Reef Encounter selling outbefore the Essen fair had ended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, just looking at the marketplace here on BGG you have two copies listed at $90 and $110 with 4 listed as being sold with an average selling price of over $100. You can check eBay as well but these might turn over rarely enough that the 30 days of info they give you wouldn't tell you anything. Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick OBrien
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keydom was 300 copies, Keywood (the first in the series) has only 200 copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.