Sanjay Subrahmanyan
India
Chennai
Tamil Nadu
flag msg tools
badge
Play a boardgame and get social
mbmbmbmbmb
Today, Diwali, the festival of lights is being celebrated all over India. Here's wishing all board gamers all over the world a very Happy Diwali and wishing that the 'light' of board gaming reaches more and more people!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vinay Chandrasekhar
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Happy Diwali to you too Sanjay. Wish I was in Chennai rigth now cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Diwali to everyone as well.
I spent the festival last year in Jaipur so I know what those celebrations are like

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KB
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what is involved in this festival? I like the name, festival of lights, but I'd be interested in hearing what you do and what it is like if you care to send geekmail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanjay Subrahmanyan
India
Chennai
Tamil Nadu
flag msg tools
badge
Play a boardgame and get social
mbmbmbmbmb
fireworks are still huge. but the noise levels are nowhere near what they used to be in the early eighties. what with rocketing costs and noise pollution complaints and govt orders to refrain from fireworks after 10 pm things are definitely not what they used to be. the huge 10000 wals are still very popular as the are the different vedis. but the most important pastime for people these days is watching television especially as there so many special diwali prigrams with cinema and the stars the main attractions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.