Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug writes:

This 'classic' (those flames are getting warm already) has only seen one play since I'd joined Billabong - and Julian had never played it. This game would have to be the "hardest to explain, easiest to play" winner, as time and time again it gets blank stares as the rules are explained, yet one turn in and everybody is an expert...

Our game saw the usual opening and closing of the gaps as we struggled for the dining room table. Alan was protesting loudly that he was having bad luck yet was always in the lead!! Janet gots lots of unopposed advances, and had great luck with her detective. She only exhibited three times, never losing a card, and took the game comfortably in the end. Positions were:

Janet: 8 from the last space
Julian: 3 spaces back
David: 5 spaces
Alan/Doug: 7 spaces

Doug's rating: 7

A rule query came up that I'd like resolved, if anyone can help please? I own the Avalon Hill version of this game, and the rules there for thieves say that higher thieves 'thieve' first at exhibits, and lower thieves go into gaol first (and thus are released earlier than higher thieves). By "higher" and "lower" I'm talking about the number on them.

David disagreed, and his rules indicated (not too clearly, a bit murky) that higher thieves rob and go into gaol before lower thieves. Which is correct? What does the German version say? Any help is most appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.