Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rush Howell
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is it correct that Hanoverian generals cannot retake objectives in Saxony?

If so, why not? Aren't things hard enough for the Prussians already? I have not read one session report where they have won. It certainly would be nice to use retreating Hanoverian armies...

Regardless, this is a great game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Quote:
Is it correct that Hanoverian generals cannot retake objectives in Saxony?

correct.

Quote:
If so, why not? Aren't things hard enough for the Prussians already? I have not read one session report where they have won. It certainly would be nice to use retreating Hanoverian armies...

Normally, hanoverians will show up in saxony only when france is gone. Historically, hanover should quit the game, once france quits. In the game, i help Prussia that hanover remains in the game. -- Allowing them to protect and to reconquer objectives in saxony would allow an unhistorical use of the hanoverian army. --- Instead of, for instance, introducing a rule where hanover may reconquer objectives Sayxony but is only allowed to enter saxony under special conditions, i wrote the rule as it is: which means: Hanover is only of half benefit in saxony: They can defeat enemy armies there, but cannot reconquer/protect objectives.

I have read some reports where prussia has won :-) Even some where subsidies were lost with the first card of fate (a report in german on the histogame forum). I have to admit though that the game is balanced in such a way that EXPERIENCED players have same chances on victory. Since Prussia is the country where one can make the most mistakes, it might have been a good idea to come up with 2 rule-sets, one for the non-experienced and one for the experienced players.

Quote:
Regardless, this is a great game...

Thanks for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Howell
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Richard,

Thanks for your reply! And, generally thanks for your attention to the questions on this site. We loved playing your game, and I hope we get to play enough times to figure out how to play Prussia well enough to win!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Rush,

thank you for your recommendations -- I am pretty sure that you will figure out quite soon how prussia is played best ... Some hints are to be found in the designer's notes ... Most important is the balance of aggressive play and step back ... Knowing when to encircle big austrian/russian stacks and blow them away, and knowing when to avoid combat and retreat is the key to victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.