1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Press Releases

Subject: Announcing Corporate America, the Political Satire Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nothing Sacred Games
United States
flag msg tools
Hello everyone! I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and the game I'm hoping to release in the near future.

My name is Teale Fristoe. Earlier this year, I decided to take the plunge full time into the world of indie game design. I started a business, Nothing Sacred Games, started blogging, and most importantly, started dedicating all my time to my main project, Corporate America.

Corporate America is a political satire game about corporate influence over government in the US. Players take on the role of corporations, starting businesses (often spoofing actual businesses), manipulating the American public through advertisements, and hijacking the government to influence which laws pass, all in a quest to make as much money as possible. The game is strategically deep, making use of bidding, bluffing, and negotiating mechanics, but also encourages light role playing. A blend of unique mechanics and hilarious social commentary makes Corporate America a blast to play every time, so I hope you'll check it out! (Ok, I might be a tad biased, but many playtesters agree.)

I'm hoping to start a discussion about the game, and to stimulate that I've posted a version of the rules for people to take a look at. Keep in mind that these rules are a draft, and some of the art in particular will be changing, but it should give you a good idea of how the game plays. Any feedback is more than welcome. You can check out the rules here.

Before I wrap up here, I wanted to list a few useful urls:
Nothing Sacred Games - Designer blog
Corporate America official webpage
Corporate America Board Game Geek entry - Feel free to post to the forums!
Corporate America Rules (Draft) - I'd love to hear feedback

That's it! Thanks for your interest, and I hope to hear from you sometime soon!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.