Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Played my first game tonight of Puerto Rico. Played a 2-player variant with my wife. We had a few errors with the rules, as I've been finding, but I haven't found answers to these:

With an occupied Library (from the expansion), you get double priveleges.
However, we could not figure out a few things.

Do you get double priveleges on each and every turn, even if you did not initiate it? i.e. if my wife became the trader, when it got around to me, would I get a 2nd doubloon for selling a good? (or see below, would I get another chance to trade?)

Does a builder get 2 doubloons off the cost of the building or does he get to build a 2nd building?

Does the trader get a 2nd doubloon for trading or does he get to make a 2nd trade?

And for both of these, if it's a 2nd trade or a 2nd building, is it done right after the 1st, or does everyone get their turn and then I go again? The rules only address the settler getting his 2nd plantation after everyone has gotten their turn. Do I pick up a 2nd plantation if another player becomes the settler but I have the Library?

The captain obviously just gets an extra VP, because he gets as many chances to ship anyway. But if my wife was the captain, do I still get an extra VP with the Library?

Mayor obviously just gets an extra colonist, but do I get an extra if my wife chose to be the mayor?

And so on....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Do you get double priveleges on each and every turn, even if you did not initiate it?

You usually get the privilege if you choose a role, and nothing when somebody else does. With the library, you get your privilege doubled when you choose a role, and still nothing (doubled) when another player acts.

Quote:
Does a builder get 2 doubloons off the cost of the building or does he get to build a 2nd building?
Does the trader get a 2nd doubloon for trading or does he get to make a 2nd trade?

Builder privilege is 1 doubloon discount. Double it.
Trader privilege is 1 extra doubloon when trading. Double it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yehuda Berlinger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Werbaer says ...

You only get a privilege when you choose a role. Look at your player mat and you will see the list of privileges.

For Mayor, you get an extra colonist as a privilege. Double equals two extra colonists. If you are not Mayor, you do not get this privilege, therefore doubling it gives you nothing.

For Builder you get one doubloon off. Doubling equals two doubloons off.

Trader - two extra gold.

Captain - two VPs.

Craftsman - two barrels. Note that you can have two different types or two of the same type, but still only from the type of goods that you produced.

Prospector - two doubloons.

Settler is the only anomoly, and probably why you became confused. Since the ability to choose a quarry cannot be doubled, they made it that you retain this privilege, and the Library addition is the ability to choose an additional plantation after the others have chosen.

Yehuda

P.S. This thread should really be under the PR expansion entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.