Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Limited Access - Back 9th Feb 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
This was game three of our first All Aboard games night.

It's a neat jungle themed game. The artwork is similar to the new Arkham Horror, also aiming for a 1930s vintage feel. We played with 5 as well, so only one piece was uncontrolled.

Your player is chosen randomly and not shown to the other players. You are attempting to use the cards from your hand of six to move your piece to the end, preferably without anyone guessing which you are. You need the matching colour card to move each colour caharcter, or the wild card. Therefore it can pay to move another piece, both to hide who you are, and also to draw some fresh cards - you get a bonus draw if you can land the right character on the right board colour.

Alternatively on your turn you can play the quicksand card, and turn over one of the pieces, requiring the right card or wild card to be used to turn them up again. You can move through pieces if you can get beyond them, but two pieces cannot occupy the same square. Pieces can only move out of a square in the direction of the arrows shown on the board - you can't move an opponent back, but you can put them on quicksand, or use them as a block.

It should have been quick, but it took us while to fully grasp it - I played a wrong move showing 4 cards -then the run of cards went cold and all I could do was try and swap cards and block as best I could. There was good interaction with the (cliched) characters and guessing who was who. The unused character got left back in the mid-board by the end of the game, though. Hidden cards and players make it harder to work out a strategy, but this was still fun, if not as good as the others we played on the night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.