Subject: Too much advantage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iberic Ham
Belgium
Brussels
Alcobendas
flag msg tools
I`ve been playing several times c&k and i always conclude that special reward you get for achieving level 3 of science advancement is too good, specially in comparison with the others special rewards on politics and trade.

Those who achive this science development always wins¡¡¡

How to avoid this? Any recomendation?

thanks¡¡

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my group, everyone recognizes the power of the Aqueduct, so everyone tries to get one, which leads to a sort of leveling of the playing field. It's certainly not a sure path to victory, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Chris...
The aquaduct is indeed useful, and in our case, it's the most wanted achievement. But by the time it is finally built, every player has cities and villages everywhere and thus receives cards nearly every turn. This limits the importance of the aquaduct.
We've played this game a zillion times, and I can assure you, the aquaduct is far from necessary to win this game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree that the Aqueduct is too powerful. I like the yellow upgrade better (name escapes me) because once I get the metropolis in yellow I can trade away all my unwanted commodities in other colors at a very favorable rate. Mighty knights are also not to be undervalued in the constant struggle for defender victory points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.