Thumb up
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Production/Manufacturing Consulting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
flag msg tools
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone. It has been some time since I have been active in this forum. When last I was active we were offering smaller runs on games out of Vancouver, BC. We have had some unfortunate things happen in the past few months. We were a very small shop but had big capacity. The bench was run by a husband and wife team that were classically trained European bookbinders. They allowed us to be fairly competitive price wise and more importantly allowed us to produce production quality games in runs of 250-500 games. Recently the wife became sick and lost her battle with cancer. The husband has lost his passion and has not worked since. I am not sure if he is ever going to want to do this kind of work again as it was so closely tied to his life with her.

I still have a lot of connections in the printing and bindery world and with my expertise I feel that I have a lot to offer designers looking to produce smaller run games. Part of what made us competitive was that we were able to do a lot of things in house for much cheaper than other binderies. I have been giving some thought to things and realized that I might still be able to offer a lot to self-publishers and designers looking to do smaller runs in North America.

Rather than doing what we were doing before I am looking to offer my services on more of a consulting and production managing basis. I can arrange printing, die cutting, assist with layout design and other things that can help you bring your design to market. I worked for 7 years as the production manager at one of Vancouver's largest binderies, so I have intimate knowledge of all aspects of what it takes to print and produce a game. I have access to industry suppliers and resources that only people in the industry have access to.

For first timers navigating the printing and manufacturing world can be a little daunting. A lot of people fall into the "it is my own time so it is free" trap. You can waste a lot of your time and energy on trying to figure this stuff out on your own. That time can be put to much better use.

I have just put up a new site if anyone is interested.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.