Wayne McCaul
United States
Norton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this is the right place for this, but:

I want this game. But I *know* nobody around me will actually play it. I might be okay playing solo at some point, but generally it'll sit there and at $50, that's a hard pill to swallow.

But I see there's the Cyberboard version and possibly playing via email, which might work.

Now my question is do I need to actually buy the whole game to PBEM? I see that ADB apparently sells the rulebook separately. Is that enough to PBEM? Or will I be missing other needed materials?

Thanks,

-w

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Blank
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cyberboard box is pretty complete, sans rules of course. You will find it very useful to have the economic forms to write on. They sell these as the Folio pack on their website. Also, the forms I believe can be downloaded on their website. I think their might be one in the rulebook to photocopy as well (not sure here though).

If you are looking for people to play try the www.starfleetgames.com/discus website. There is a Federation and Empire subsection of their BBS with a devoted band of players discussing things everyday. You have to register with your real name, not just a nickname. Results From the Front is a topic for posting game progess and those make for interesting reading.

If you go to Origins look us up, there is a big group there every year with 3 or 4 games going simultaneously on the big oversized laminated maps. The next year is already being planned.

Good luck.

Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.