Thumb up
2 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Variants

Subject: Variant/house rules in lieu of an expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vomix Vomix
msg tools
So I've played a lot of AH over the last few weeks, and while I still enjoy each game, I feel like it might be fun to mix it up a bit. So far, I've played against each GOO at least once (though did not defeat them all) and I've managed to play at least once with every investigator.

What I'm wondering is this: though I'm not yet ready to get an expansion (I plan on buying 2 or 3 at once when I get the chance), I was wondering if any experienced players out there have any house rules or variant rules they use to make the game...different. Not necessarily easier or harder, but just something to spice things up a bit while I save up cash to buy an expansion proper.

One thing I've been planning to do is to play a "campaign" of sorts - play through multiple times, each time against a GOO that isn't yet defeated, and only using investigators that haven't been devoured. I guess we'll see if I run out of investigators or GOOs first. But other than that kind of meta-game, any ideas?
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith M. Sandler
United States
flag msg tools
You should check out the league scenarios on FFG's site. I think they're also posted here in the variants section.

I know there is a Whisperer in Darkness mod that looks really good in the Variants section, as well.

In short... look in the Variants section!

Have fun!

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.