Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory John
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do people think about these rules which seem to be implied by the official English (Asmodee) rules?
- If you win the SEARCH the TRUCK vote, you MUST give a card to any OTHER player; i.e., not to yourself.
- If Zombies ENTER a location, all of them will disappear after the resolution whether they feed or not; i.e., everyone could use a HIDDEN card.
- If a character must be eaten at a location and there are only characters of one color (player) available at that location, then that player necessarily votes for herself.
- There are no negotiation rules, so all information exchange is allowed.
- I'm not sure, but I think that even exchanges of cards are allowed since they are not explicitly forbidden as part of negotiations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Normandon
France
paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
- If you win the SEARCH the TRUCK vote, you MUST give a card to any OTHER player; i.e., not to yourself.

Yes ... when you win the SEARCH the TRUCK, you takes three cards from the truck. You look at them, and keep one for you, one for another player (not yourself) and the last card is put back in the truck.

- If Zombies ENTER a location, all of them will disappear after the resolution whether they feed or not; i.e., everyone could use a HIDDEN card.

In all locations, expect the parking (number 4), if zombies ENTER a location, they eat someone and all leave the place.
Outside on the parking (number 4), they leave even if no one has been eaten.

- If a character must be eaten at a location and there are only characters of one color (player) available at that location, then that player necessarily votes for herself.

yes, but no vote is required since the victim is taken in this color.

- There are no negotiation rules, so all information exchange is allowed.

you can say, promises whatever you want : but you can never show the dicen or give cards.

- I'm not sure, but I think that even exchanges of cards are allowed since they are not explicitly forbidden as part of negotiations.

nope ... it's not in the rules, but you can never give card to anyone.

Hopes it will help,
Nico
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played that you must give a card to another player.

Zombies disappear on the turn they enter a location.

You can't vote for some who's not there!

I was hoping for at least some sort of guidelines for negotiation... we discussed strategy for eliminating zombies, before selecting locations - ok, there's nobody left in the HQ and it's surrounded by zombies. we gotta send people there with weapons or we'll never get a new security chief!

trading action cards was never considered. I don't think it would be allowed - just because the rules don't mention it, does't mean it's permissable. However, you should play it in the manner that's the most fun for you and your group! Just make sure everyone is aware and agrees with it before the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so if a zombie enters a location, all zombies are removed from the board that are at the location or they just go back outside? Because when we played it, we kept them outside of the locaiton even after they attacked or someone used a hidden card.

Hidden Cards can only hide 1 character right? So if you have 2 characters at a location only one of them hides?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory John
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if Zombies ENTER then they are consider to have feasted - I'm still unsure as to what happens if ALL the characters are HIDDEN.

The rules say:
After this feast, all the zombies present in front of this location are taken off the game board. If the zombies were not able to get into a location, or if they are outside an empty location, they stay in play.

And, yes, it's one character per HIDDEN card. The rules are explicit about the singular:

Hidden: a player's character hides in a corner...

So... for example if there are three Zombies outside a location and two Screamers and both of the players play a HIDDEN card on their respective Screamer (i.e., they're both HIDDEN), then what happens?
1. The Zombies don't feast but do get removed from the game board.
2. The Zombies don't feast and remain outside the location.

---

A couple other questions:
3. Does the game end ABRUPTLY when a Game End condition occurs or does the game end at the end of the ROUND? I seems to say immediately: The game ends as soon as...
4. Can you show cards, either in your hand or from the truck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Normandon
France
paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
If a Zombie ENTER then all of them in this place they are consider to have feasted, and they all leave the board.

With the hidden card the answer is : 2

With point 3 : you'll have to finish the turn.

And basicly, in the game you can never show cards, or dice.
It's even harder to convince a player without doing it !

But sometimes, i authorise player to do it ...

Nico

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ames
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I interpret the rules for zombies breaking in is if they break in and all characters are hidden, they mill about, get bored and leave the location (why would they stay if there's no food for them?).

So in the case of your question I would say number 2. It just makes more sense to me that way.zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.