United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Werewolf: Elysia, the Magic City

Lynch 1 is Friday Nov 4 at 8pm BGG time (6pm pacific, 9pm eastern, who knows when everywhere else).

In the magic city of Elysia, everyone is powerful. The capital of a great empire, the city is host to both the school of magic, and many powerful Artifacts. But the city is under attack in the night by the forces of darkness!

There are a ton of new evil roles in this game, most of which I have made up, and none of you have ever played with. This will make the game very cool, I hope. But I have tried to balance it to give good a 50-50 chance.

Rules: No player is without a role power, but there are many evil roles. Lynch occurs at 8pm BGG time, by majority vote. If there is a tie, and the King is alive and the King voted for one of the tied roles, that player is killed. If the King is not alive or did not vote for one of the tied players, then the longest standing vote is the tiebreak.

Night powers take place from then until I get to them. Which will usually be fast, but on certain days like Tuesday, could be hours late.

Roles are revealed upon death, but under certain circumstances, roles will cease to be revealed upon death. (If no Priests remain alive).

Players who can PM: The Werewolves and Warlock may PM each other, and the Archmage and High Priest(ess) may PM each other. If the Demon enters the game, they may PM the Werewolves and Warlock and will learn their roles.

Evil killer roles: Warlock, Werewolves, and Demon. Any of these players may tell the moderator who the night kill target is. If there is a dispute, the Warlock’s choice takes precedence, followed by the Demon’s choice, followed by the choice of the first Werewolf to PM the moderator.

Most of the following roles will exist in the game, but not all. If only one of the evil killer roles (Werewolf, Warlock, Demon) remains alive, that player will receive a PM saying exactly which roles were in the game at the beginning.

Artifacts: There are artifacts in the game, which are one use items that describe their use. The Artifact Merchant begins the game with all Artifacts and may give them away. Players receiving an artifact may not pass them to anyone else. If a player with an Artifact is killed, the Artifact is lost. If the Thief targets a player with an Artifact, the Thief steals one artifact.

The evil roles:

1 Warlock:
The evil warlock is attempting to gain control of the city, and has created the werewolves to kill off his opponents. If no message is received from the Warlock , the Werewolves can send one instead to decide the kill. If the Warlock is killed, or after night 2 (the first night with a kill), the Warlock destroys the Archmage’s Spell of Warding.

If the Warlock is lynched, he casts one final spell, for revenge, killing one player of his/her choice who voted to lynch the Warlock. The Warlock may not target the King with this ability. This kill is preventable only by the Amulet of Protection.

The Warlock and all Werewolves know each others roles and can PM each other.

The Warlock is guaranteed to be in the game.

2-3 Werewolf:
They are like Werewolves in other games. The number will depend on the # of players. I will announce the number at the game start.

If the Warlock and all the Werewolves are killed, the good side wins.

0-1 Witch: The Witch is evil. During the night, the Witch can look at a player and determine if they are a Werewolf. (Just a Werewolf).

0-1 Imp: The Imp is evil. During the night, the Imp may sacrifice himself to kill one player of his choice. This kill is unprotectable. The Imp may not target the King. If the imp tries to sacrifice themselfto kill the target of the wolves, then the imp will not die. However, if the bodyguard (amulet of protection), imp, and wolves all target the same person, then the wolves will kill the bodyguard (or amulet of protection will break), and the imp will kill their target.
If the last priest is killed, and the Imp is alive, then the Imp becomes the Demon. People view the Demon as they would view the Imp. If the Demon exists, then the Demon learns the identity of the Werewolves and Warlock and may PM with them. The Game does not end unless the Demon is also killed, and the Demon may participate in night kills. If the Demon exists, no kills are preventable. If the Demon enters the game it will be announced to all players.

1 Mimic: The Mimic is evil. During the night, the Mimic can appear to be a Werewolf, a Warlock, Imp, an Evil non-Werewolf role, or a Good role. People who can view for those types of role will see the Mimic as whatever they choose to look like. If the Mimic is lynched or killed in the night, the Mimic will look like a role of their choice. The Mimic will PM me what role they wish to appear on death. This is changeable at any time. If no role is given, they will appear as a random Good role who is in the game.

The mimic does not fool the view by the ball of seeing.

The Mimic is guaranteed to be in the game, because I love it so much.

0-1 Doppleganger: The Doppleganger is evil. During the night, the Doppleganger switches places with one player. If anyone views that player, they will see what they would see if they looked at a Doppleganger (Evil, non wolf, the Archmage can see this). If someone looks at the Doppleganger, they will see an evil, non wolf (again, archmage can see this). So the Doppleganer disguises the role of another player, but not their own. They are thus the reverse of a Mimic.

0-1 Thief: The Thief is evil. During the night, they can check someone, and see if that player has a night power. They will see the Imp as having a night power only if that power was used that night. In addition, if the Thief targets a player with an Artifact, they steal one Artifact. This is further explained in the Artifact Merchant Role.

0-1 Sorcerer: The Sorcerer is evil. During the night, they look at someone and determine if that player is the Archmage or the High Priest(ess).

The Good roles:

1 High Priest (Priestess): During the night, the High Priestess may look at a player and determine if that player is a Werewolf or an Imp. If so, the exact role will be revealed.
The High Priestess knows the identity of the Archmage and may PM with the Archmage. If the High Preist(ess) is killed, and the Archmage is alive, the Archmage will learn the result of the final viewing before the death.

1 Archmage: During the night, the Archmage may look at a player and determine if that player is the Warlock, or is another evil, non-Werewolf role. If so, they will learn either ‘Warlock’ or ‘evil, not Warlock’. They will find the Mimic only if the Mimic is trying to appear as an evil-non werewolf. People they see as evil-non werewolf are: Imp, Doppleganger, Witch, Thief and possible Mimic. Yes, Masons are back, and now they are seers! The Archmage begins the game with a spell of Warding. If the Warlock or the High Priest would be killed in any way except the Imp, then the Spell of Warding prevents the kill or lynch, AND the Archmage will learn who the Spell of Warding Protected. In the case of a kill, there is no kill, in the case of a lynch, the second highest vote getter is lynched instead. The Spell of Warding is destroyed after night 2.

1 King:
The King’s role is known to all players. The King’s vote breaks ties in voting. If the King is dead or not involved in the tie, longest standing vote breaks the tie. As long as the King’s Guard is alive, any attempt to kill the King in any way fails. Once per game the King may make a King’s Decree, during the day. The King decides who is lynched.

0-1 King’s Guard: If the King’s Guard is alive, then the King cannot be killed in any way. If the King’s Guard doesn’t exist, then the evil team just wont know this for quite a while. Hehe.

2+ Priests (number varies depending on # of players in the game): As long as any Priests remain alive, then roles are revealed upon death. If no Priests remain alive, then roles are not revealed upon death. Priest is the closest thing to a basic Villager in this game.

1 Artifact Merchant: The Artifact Merchant has four Artifacts, which have special powers. During the night, the Artifact Merchant may choose to give away zero or one of their Artifacts to a player of their choice. Maximum one given artifact per night. This pass occurs before kills.

The Artifacts are:
Amulet of Protection: If the bearer of the Amulet of protection is attacked in the night, or killed by the Warlock when the Warlock is lynched, then instead of dying, the Amulet of Protection will break instead. If the player with the Amulet is killed by the Imp, then the player is killed anyway, and the Amulet is gone.

Effigy: The bearer of the Effigy may break it during the night to kill one player of their choice. This kill is preventable. It will be announced that the Effigy killed someone, but not who used it.

Crystal Ball: The bearer of the Crystal Ball may break it during the night to determine the role of one player. They learn the exact role. (Thus, they could see the mimic as the mimic, and the ball is not tricked by the doppelganger).

Potion of Invisibility: If the bearer of the potion of invisibility would be lynched, then they use the potion and run away, avoiding the lynch. The potion is used up. The second highest vote getter is lynched instead.

If the Thief targets a player with one or more Artifacts, then they steal one Artifact. They steal in this order: Effigy, Potion of Invisibility, Amulet of Protection, Ball of Seeing.

0-1 Vigilante: If the Vigilante is killed in the night, the Vigilante kills one player of their choice. If the Vigilante is killed by a lynch, the Vigilante kills one player of their choice who voted to lynch them. The vigilante kill is not preventable.

0-1 Hunter: If the only players remaining at any time are the Hunter and any number of Werewolves, Warlock or Demon, then the Hunter kills all remaining evil roles and the Good side wins the game.

0-1 Apprentice Wizard: If the Archmage and High Priest(ess) die, and the Apprentice Wizard is alive, the Apprentice Wizard learns the results of all the Archmage and High Priest(ess) visions.

0-2 Bodyguard: The Bodyguard can choose someone to protect during the night. If that player is killed by the Werewolves/Warlock, during the night, then the Bodyguard will die instead. It will be announced as the bodyguard getting killed. If two bodyguards protect the same person, and that person is killed, one bodyguard at random will die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Elysia: The Magic City! Night 0, send me orders

Players:

Threnody
Seanp
Jmilum
Janiera
Kimapesan
Anonymouse
Bluebehir
SevenSpirits
Oilslider
DBMurph
KuChick
GuyHill
Starbug
Munchwolf
Grinningpik
Ron Stuckel
FRDPWR
Lauramath
Shugyosha
Beowulf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Order of night events:

1) Stealing of Items. If the thief targets a player with an item, they steal an item.

2) Passing of items. Only the artifact merchant may pass itmes, and only 1 per night. Players receiving an item have it until lost, used, or stolen.

3) Night views, including if somoene uses an artifact to view someone.

Thus people killed in a day get their view, which could be important, for example with the apprentice wizard.

4) Werewolf attack. If the wolves attack someone protected, the wolves will kill one layer of protection, in the order: bodyguard, then amulet of protection.

5) Effigy attack. If somene broke the effigy to kill somoene, this occurs, unless their target is dead, in which case the effigy remains unbroken. Effigy is protectable as a werewolf attack.

6) Imp attack. If the Imp sacrifices themself to kill somoene, this will occur now, unless their target is dead (in which case the imp lives). This kill is not preventable, but bodyguards protecting the target will not die.

7) Revelation of deaths and roles. All players who are dead are revealed, and their roles. If all preiest are now dead however, then it will be revealed who the priest were, and not anyone elses roles. If all priest are dead and the imp lives, the imp becomes a demon and this is announced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sending out roles now. People with night visions, PM me your targets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All hail Queen Threnody!

Threnody's vote breaks ties if she is involved in a tie. She is unkillable as long as somoene with the Queen's guard role is alive.

Once per game she may issue a decree and decide who is lynched. If this lynches the Warlock, the Warlock's final spell kills her, even if the queen's guard is alive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I am signing in.
Unfortunately 8PM Friday night is (for me) Saturday morning 10AM.
And on this time on such a day I am never at home, so I will miss the first lynch. But as long as it's not me, I am ok with that.

I guess day 1 is going to be a real shonker again, with just random votes all thrown about.

So I guess that I will be the first, and ask Alexfrog's permission that it counts this one time, even though it is still night time.

Because this will be my last chance to check in until at least my Saturday night (which is about 4AM for you.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bluebehir wrote:

So I guess that I will be the first, and ask Alexfrog's permission that it counts this one time, even though it is still night time.

That what counts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Wadkins
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bluebehir wrote:
Well I am signing in.
Unfortunately 8PM Friday night is (for me) Saturday morning 10AM.
And on this time on such a day I am never at home, so I will miss the first lynch. But as long as it's not me, I am ok with that.

I guess day 1 is going to be a real shonker again, with just random votes all thrown about.

Because this will be my last chance to check in until at least my Saturday night (which is about 4AM for you.)

Lynch is almost two days from now, you won't be able to check in ever?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there's 20 players!
So... D20 rolls....

Threnody
Seanp
Jmilum
Janiera
5. Kimapesan
Anonymouse
Bluebehir
SevenSpirits
Oilslider
DBMurph
KuChick
GuyHill
Starbug
Munchwolf
Clesiero3
Ron Stuckel
FRDPWR
Lauramath
Shugyosha
Beowulf

Lucky for Kimapesan I don't want to vote for him, so I edited my vote post and now I assume it doesn't count.
Phew. See you tomorrow (night for you!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to sleep now. I wont reply to your PMs until tomorrow morning.
Day 1 begins when I announce it tomorrow morning, and then you will have a day and a half before the first lynch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Wadkins
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You know what's funny, I had already changed my avatar to the pretty princess with the crown for the Ladies 3 game (PS Alex, you'll have to check out the blurb I wrote for us. Although it isn't as witty as many of the others)

Now it is just doubly appropriate, hee hee!

All hail Queen Me!

I will officially allow everyone the luxury of calling me "Thren" instead of the entire title of "Queen Threnody".

I'm a known good, you can't lynch me, neener neener!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.N. Onymous
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A good day to you, fine citizens of Elysia! I propose a toast to the good Queen Threnody. To your health, your Majesty!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh crap. It's only Thursday. Sorry, got ahead of myself...
(Hey, I'm in a different time zone. It's not easy for me. OK.

I'll edit my post and delete the vote.

Excellent, I can roll a new D20 tomorrow and get a better number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex, Maybe I'm dim ... but where did you send these roles?

-Munch "no clue what I am ... except good ... yup .. I must be" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:

To your geekmail box.

Everyone who didnt get a role in their geekmail box, let me know. Its probably because I mistyped your username.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Wadkins
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:

Check your GeekMail at the left
At the bottom of your GeekMail inbox, you can set it so it will forward messages to your email so you'll know when you have PMs
Also, you can press "subscribe" under the thread name up top and it will (occasionally) send you messages when there has been a post to the thread. But check it more often than it sends the messages, as it is VERY unreliable.

In one game I was subscribed and it never sent me any messages, I didn't even realize the game had started, and when I checked on it there had been five pages of messages and I had been lynched for being a no-show. oops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Wadkins
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GuyHill wrote:
A good day to you, fine citizens of Elysia! I propose a toast to the good Queen Threnody. To your health, your Majesty!

Why, thank you, peasant GuyHill! You are an excellent subject indeed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok .. I see it now ... dang .. I am good ...

-Munch "I mean .. yah village" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Wadkins
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:

*pats the newbie on the head*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.N. Onymous
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Threnody wrote:
GuyHill wrote:

Sire (is this the proper way to address a queen?), I most humbly inform you that I am not a "peasant". From the magical library of wikipedia: A peasant, from 15th century French païsant meaning one from the pays, the countryside or region, (from Latin pagus, country district) is an agricultural worker with roots in the countryside in which he dwells. I have been living in the fine city of Elysia my entire life, so "citizen" might be a more appropriate title. Other than that, I am most honoured to be your subject, and I will do my utmost to prove worthy to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.N. Onymous
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:

MunchWolf, welcome to BGG werewolf! I hope you enjoy your stay in Elysia, although I fear that your username will draw a lot of unwanted attention... of the lynching kind devil.

Edit: typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Wadkins
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GuyHill wrote:
Threnody wrote:
GuyHill wrote:

Sire (is this the proper way to address a queen?), I most humbly inform you that I am not a "peasant". From the magical library of wikipedia: A peasant, from 15th century French païsant meaning one from the pays, the countryside or region, (from Latin pagus, country district) is an agricultural worker with roots in the countryside in which he dwells. I have been living in the fine city of Elysia my entire life, so "citizen" might be a more appropriate title. Other than that, I am most honoured to be your subject, and I will do my utmost to prove worthy to you.

You are indeed correct, Citizen Guyhill. My apologies. I of course do not need to apologize, but I am a fair and just ruler.

I'm trying to think of what everyone may call me that's not too much to type... Sire is so manly sounding...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.N. Onymous
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Threnody wrote:
I'm trying to think of what everyone may call me that's not too much to type... Sire is so manly sounding...

Your Majesty, I have done some research in the Library of Libraries on how to properly address a Queen. I have found that Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II of England should be addressed as "Your Majesty" or "Ma'am" / "Madam" (see http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/page236.asp). I have used the former in this message, in the hope it pleases you.

Edit: typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giant Robot
United States
Belleville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings your majesty. May your reign in Elysia be a long one.

Citizen Ron reporting in for the good side. How about everyone else? Are you evil?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.N. Onymous
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ron Stuckel wrote:
Greetings your majesty. May your reign in Elysia be a long one.

Citizen Ron reporting in for the good side. How about everyone else? Are you evil?

A Good Day to you Ron! I am always pleased to meet a fellow good citizen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [34] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.