Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Fridericia
Australia
Nundah
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read the rules once, hopefully I will get to play a few games this weekend.

One Question,

When a player loses his last playing piece he can "plant" a zombies in front of a location of his choice.

But it this only the round where his/her last playing piece got slain, or every "add Zombies" phase here after. Hope someone can advise me on this as I am a bit confused.

Krgs, Joe F

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Normandon
France
paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
You have to add an extra zombies only on the round when you loose your last piece.

Hopes it can help,
Nico

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I took it to mean that a dead player could place a zombie every turn; although the flavor text says they "come back as a zombie" I think it is implied that they'll "come back" every turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Fridericia
Australia
Nundah
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are right Nicolas, makes sense.

I sounds a bit crazy in a 6 player game if 3 players are out of game and then they should place 3 zombies every turn! zombie.

Krgs, Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimbo Carroll
United States
Garland,
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"come back as a zombie" means their last piece is reanimated as a zombie.zombie
works great with the movie theme, where one character always seems to end up as a zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I don't think it hurts the game if an eliminated player adds one zombie every turn. It keeps that poor guy busy and speeds up the conclusion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Henderson
United States
Williamsport
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
LoneCleric wrote:
Personally I don't think it hurts the game if an eliminated player adds one zombie every turn. It keeps that poor guy busy and speeds up the conclusion...

I haven't played this way, but I think that would be a good idea. After somebody gets eaten, all the zombies leave anyway - so it would just start with 1 again.

I'm going to try to play that way next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Harmon
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules, we interpreted it as they only get to add one zombie on the turn after they are eliminated, but we all agreed that they should continue to add one zombie during each remaining turn. It does give them something to do, other than waiting for group votes, and as previously stated, it helps speed things along to the inevitable conclusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Mura
Italy
Pisa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did someone ever played this way?

Every time a player loses one character, in then next round, at the end of the phase D), places one extra zombie. It's the guy eaten by the zombies that comea "alive" and starts searching food...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Beck
Germany
Passau
flag msg tools
designer
mb
exactly, that's what i just thought, Michele...shouldn't every killed character come back as a zombie in the location they were eaten?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikołaj Magnuski
Poland
flag msg tools
Another option would be that the player that has lost all his people and can return as a zombie now uses dead pieces as his ammunition - which means he can add one additional zombie each turn only if there are enough corpses left.
All the dead pieces would be then kept in one place and exchanged for zombies later in the game when one player is out of the game.

edit:
If two or more pieces are killed during one turn the zombie-master could place more than one additional zombie.

I am also thinking about giving the zombie-master possibility to move one of the zombies each turn from one location to the other...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.