BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Bugs

Subject: Forum rendering bug rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Orange County
flag msg tools
Saddleback, covered by a blanket of winter snow
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
Originally posted here, Re: Looking for something a little different; 2p and higher, this code produces a large white space (not shown in preview) after the first paragraph for no apparent reason:

Kingdom Builder: With variable (and pretty) maps like Small World (but in bigger chunks) and fast play like Dominion, I think you'll find this a good blend between the two. Expansions are already out, and the Designer is Donald X. Vaccarino of Dominion.

Egizia: This worker placement, resource management game plays 2-4. One interesting and kind of fresh thing about this game is how differently it plays at each player number: the rules are all the same, but cards that are powerful at 2 are useless at 4, and vice versa. A good alternative is Stone Age, which also is a beautiful game.

Carcassonne: This is the classic tile laying game. It has gobs of expansions. I suggest getting one of the big box base game plus expansions versions: you may not want to play with the expansion rules with beginners, but you can still use the extra tiles. I think the base game is a little small. A good alternative or addition is Alhambra; do not get expansions, in my opinion; a little clumsy with two because you run a robot player.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.