Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

Has anyone noticed that with the new patch the settings are not saved?

I always turn off the music but when I close and reopen, the music is back on. Curious if this is just a problem I have and maybe I need to do a reinstall.

Thx,
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex I.
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're posting in the board game forum. This is a video game version. Post here: [geekurl=http://videogamegeek.com/videogame/126729/le-havre-the-harbor][/geekurl]. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread moved to Le Havre (The Harbor)» Forums » General

I haven't noticed any difference to the settings, but I usually have the sound off anyway.

I have noticed a few more crashes when navigating around the menus, not in the game itself though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, after the last update my settings are not saved, so I have to turn the music off every single time I open the app. Not a deal breaker but definitely annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yet another incompletely tested update? Shocking. shake

Don't worry guys. It will only take a few months for it to be fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. I just spent the last 20 minutes playing through a game, and now it crashes repeatedly on round 18/20. I restart the game, the AI sits there for a moment, then crash.

Okay, now can I get my $5 refunded? The game has had nothing but critical game bugs since release. Have some mercy on us and test your games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
Great. I just spent the last 20 minutes playing through a game, and now it crashes repeatedly on round 18/20. I restart the game, the AI sits there for a moment, then crash.

Okay, now can I get my $5 refunded? The game has had nothing but critical game bugs since release. Have some mercy on us and test your games.

I have had very few problems with the app and have enjoyed it immensely. I have also found the developer to be helpful and responsive. In fact, they already answered the OPs question where he asked it in another thread:
codito wrote:
jonpfl wrote:
I have noticed 2 new issues since the patch

1) I was forced to sell a building to pay interest on a loan (I have 7 loans and it was during my opponents turn)

2) The settings are not being saved when I close and reopen LH (I always turn the music off and it always is back on when I reopen app). Is anyone else having this problem? If not, should I do a reinstall?

Thx,
jonpfl

Hi Jon,

#1 we have never seen and hope may just be some confusion over the popup which asks if you want to sell a building to pay interest. If you cancel this dialog, you should just automatically take another loan and the interest will be deducted from those 4 Francs received. You should never have to sell a building and there should not be a limit on loans.

#2 is a known issue which we are investigating and we think may only happen on iPad3.

Thanks for the report and let us know if you have any more issues.

We will continue to work on fixes and improvements!

I have found this to be well worth $5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose that is because you have actually had more than half of your games play to completion. I cannot say the same. The burn stings even more due to convincing my girlfriend to spend $5 so she could play with me.

Their complete lack of testing is proved in the post you have quoted. They claim the "settings not being saved" is only on the new iPad, when it is immediately obvious on my iPhone 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never had a game that can't be completed (playing on the original iPad) under any version, although I mostly play against humans only. The biggest question about the new update for me is has the Shipping Line bug been fixed? i.e. the one if you used the Shipping Line as your last legitimate normal move you could not use it as your end of game special action! Edit: Not a bug in the program, a bug in my memory of the rules. I can't go to the same place twice in a row shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That doesn't sound like a bug. The one restriction on the final action is that you can't use the building your token currently occupies. If your last normal move is to use the shipping line, then you can only use it again on the final action if you own the line and sell it to displace your token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes, my bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
I suppose that is because you have actually had more than half of your games play to completion. I cannot say the same. The burn stings even more due to convincing my girlfriend to spend $5 so she could play with me.

Their complete lack of testing is proved in the post you have quoted. They claim the "settings not being saved" is only on the new iPad, when it is immediately obvious on my iPhone 4.

In fact I have never had a game that I couldn't play to completion, but I only play on Game Center against other people (with iPhone 4). Do most of your games involve AI? Have you had games with no AI that you couldn't complete? You are the only person I see being very vocal about this, so I wonder if you have some rather unique set of conditions that you typically play under.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The shipping bugs appear when you have more than three ships.

The most recent crashing bug always happens on the AI's turn, yes.

Even in my multiplayer games, I add AI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm that the bug that causes it not to save the settings is not limited to the new ipad. It also occurs on my iPad which is the previous generation.

Also, when I return to an ongoing game it no longer displays the "Last Moves" summary by default.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the fact the settings don't save and you can't permanently turn the music off is a total pain in the ass!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this on my new iPad and it has the most ridiculous and obvious bug. I feel it shows just how poorly they have tested this game. The bug? Every time you load the game, it appear upside down, no matter which orientation you use. I can't believe that someone at the company saw this and said "fuck it, upload it to the App Store anyway".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here we are months later and still no fix to the bug that won't save settings. Great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
I've played this on my new iPad and it has the most ridiculous and obvious bug. I feel it shows just how poorly they have tested this game. The bug? Every time you load the game, it appear upside down, no matter which orientation you use. I can't believe that someone at the company saw this and said "fuck it, upload it to the App Store anyway".

I have this as well on my iPhone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lotton
United States
San DIego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
I've played this on my new iPad and it has the most ridiculous and obvious bug. I feel it shows just how poorly they have tested this game. The bug? Every time you load the game, it appear upside down, no matter which orientation you use. I can't believe that someone at the company saw this and said "f*ck it, upload it to the App Store anyway".

Despite your bitterness I tend to agree with you, especially after this last patch. They messed up what was previously working to fix some things that didn't really interfere too often.

It took me no more than 5 minutes on my ipad and my wifes iphone5 to discover the problems with the latest patch. Makes me wonder what they are doing for QC of their product, (rhetorical statement).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.