Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Hersey
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's not clear to me from reading the rules whether or not one can execute an Aim action, then Overwatch, and have the Overwatch gain the benefit of the Aim. My initial impression is that it isn't possible, but on re-reading the descriptions, I'm not so sure. Aside from possible questions of game balance, I can't think of any inherent reason it shouldn't be possible.

So, can an Overwatch be Aimed, or does the Aim expire at the end of the character's turn?

Thanks, Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 12, "An Aim Action must be directly followed by an Attack for the Aim to have any effect."

Also, on page 13, the continuation of the Aim action: "Aim Actions do not carry over from one Turn to the next. You cannot end a Turn by Aiming and benefit from it next Turn."

You don't gain any benefit from Aiming with Overwatch since the aim isn't directly followed by an Attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.