Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Reeves
Canada
York
Ontario
flag msg tools
A couple of scenarios involving a Slaanesh controlled Khorne cultist:

Only Slaanesh units and Khorne cultist in a region - Is there a battle there at all? What if just the Khorne cultist alone?

Slaanesh warrior, other warrior, and Khorne cultist - Are the slaanesh and khorne dice rolled separately? Can slaanesh warrior assign hits to the Khorne cultist? Can the Khorne cultist assign hit to itself, does it matter if it only gets one hit and the other warrior has defense of 2?

I was kind of surprised I couldn't find this question anywhere, sorry if I missed something that covers these situations. Thematically it makes sense to me that Slaanesh could control the cultist to off himself and the rules to me aren't really clear on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are clear even though this is not specifically mentioned.

There is a battle and you cannot kill yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex H.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
welcome your reptilian overlords!
mbmbmbmbmb
The controlled figures [ir]retain[/i] all their capabilities but are treated like any other of Slaanesh's followers. No need to look for exceptions - it is really a pretty simple concept
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reeves
Canada
York
Ontario
flag msg tools
I feel like it should still be considered an enemy figure since it specifies in the rules "cannot attack your own figure unless it is being controlled by another player"

That to me means that the figure still belongs to Khorne, not to Slaanesh as you guys seem to be inferring, otherwise it would say "cannot attack your own figures." Figures under someone else's control wouldn't be your figures anymore if what you guys say is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Insert flashback to cartoons of one character grabbing another's hand and doing this while saying,

"Stop hitting yourself!"
"Stop hitting yourself!"
"Stop hitting yourself!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex H.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
welcome your reptilian overlords!
mbmbmbmbmb
iamcrazyjoe wrote:
I feel like it should still be considered an enemy figure since it specifies in the rules "cannot attack your own figure unless it is being controlled by another player"

That to me means that the figure still belongs to Khorne, not to Slaanesh as you guys seem to be inferring, otherwise it would say "cannot attack your own figures." Figures under someone else's control wouldn't be your figures anymore if what you guys say is correct.

I think you are reading too much into it. It is still Khorne's figure becasue it is still red and will go back under his control. Under Slaanesh's control, though, it is treated like any other purple figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iamcrazyjoe wrote:

I think you're looking at this quote from the wrong angle. When it says "unless it is being controlled by another player," I believe it's speaking directly to Khorne, Tzeentch, and Nurgle. When their units are controlled by Slaanesh, these three players CAN assign hits to their own enemy-controlled red, blue, and green units, just like they can assign hits to any of Slaanesh's purple units. Slaanesh units are never "controlled by another player," so that text does not apply to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.