Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Haesendonckx
Belgium
Antwerp - Schoten
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Just read the entire manual to try the game again (with full rules) on wednesday.

I had a question on ramming.

Are you always free to choose to make a ram attack (ell...tehcnically...choose to roll to be alowed to make a ram attack)?

Or are there restrictions? Like: your guns have to be destroyed first to make such a drastic manoeuvre...?

I could also see that it would be 'easier' for a crew to accept a ramming attck when all other options are out...

Not that I will ever make a ram attack shake: my dice rolling is usually so bad that I would never get to the required score

Regards,

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Chong
Singapore
flag msg tools
comic style
badge
comic style
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I read that as long as the following conditions are satisfied, you can execute a Ram attack.

1. Your ship still has MPs available to enter the target ship's hex.
2. The target ship must have already moved before your ramming ship in order for it to be a valid target.

You then roll 2dRed to see if your captain has the guts to really crash the ship.

So I see only 2 conditions. Whether or not a Ram occurs depend on the 2dRed. If more than 15, refer to the ramming table to roll for damages.

Note: Target shp is displaced one hex in the opposite direction.

Hehe. Since there is a rule that states if a ship ends its movement outside the play area, it's destroyed immediately, I'm secretly plotting to use this to push an enemy off the play area and destroy it immediately. Ramming it out of the sky, literally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait until we get elevation rules. I can picture a ship with a reinforced bottom SLAMMING down onto another ships weaker top deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
United States
Johnson City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
Wait until we get elevation rules. I can picture a ship with a reinforced bottom SLAMMING down onto another ships weaker top deck.

Would we call that Butt ramming?

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.