Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Roberts
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a runner access servers it goes like this correct?

HQ - All cards
R&D - Top card, unless modified by other events/resources/etc
Archives - All cards
Remote Servers - All cards in the server

ICE: Archer

Can this ICE be rezzed if you have no scored agendas? I figured it could not but at the same time, if you have a card that allows you rez ICE ignoring all cost and had no agendas scored then you could since it's part of the total "cost" in rezzing said ICE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephiros wrote:
ICE: Archer

Can this ICE be rezzed if you have no scored agendas? I figured it could not but at the same time, if you have a card that allows you rez ICE ignoring all cost and had no agendas scored then you could since it's part of the total "cost" in rezzing said ICE.

You cannot rez archer unless you
a) have an agenda to forfeit
or
b) rez it though something which says "rez, ignoring all costs"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to rez Archer without forfeiting an Agenda the core set includes 2 possibilities to do this:

- Accelerated Beta Test, which is a Haas-Bioroid agenda that has the following effect: "When you score Accelerated Beta Test, you may look at the top 3 cards of R&D. If any of those cards are ice, you may install and rez them, ignoring all costs. Trash the rest of the cards you looked at."
- Priority Requisition, which is a Neutral agenda that has the following effect: "When you score Priority Requisition, you may rez a piece of ice ignoring all costs."

Accelerated Beta Test is a bit of a gamble unless you used something like Precognition (which allows you to "Look at the top 5 cards of R&D and
arrange them in any order.") to guarantee its presence.

Priority Requisition is easier to pull off if you really don't want to forfeit an agenda for Archer. (Although it does have an advancement cost of 5 compared to Accelerated Beta Test's of 3).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Roberts
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Robert, I guess I forgot about the HQ access rules

Thank everyone for working out some kinks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.