Popular Tags: [View All]
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

still trying to get used to some of the tones.
playing an oktoberfest this coming saturday, so im hoping to get everything squared away by then.

sounds amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooooo, lots of switches and knobs. Please describe functions.

If you are not a member of the Musicians Guild, you should join.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, a Jaguar!

If the bridge even gives you trouble, There's a guy selling an enhanced version: http://www.masterybridge.com

One of there days I'll work on my Duo-Sonic rebuild and have a short-scale to play with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i am not a member of the musicians guild, but i will join.

ok...switches...

the lower horn - neck pickup (on/off), bridge pickup (on/off), mid-tone cut out (on/off). these are only active when the upper horn switch is in the lower position.

will probably re-wire the mid-tone switch to be an in phase/out of phase switch.

upper horn - neck/bridge switch. when in the neck position, the lower horn switches are inactive. the two knobs on the upper horn controls the neck pickup volume & tone.

lots of different sounds. still getting used it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rshipley wrote:
Cool, a Jaguar!

If the bridge even gives you trouble, There's a guy selling an enhanced version: http://www.masterybridge.com

One of there days I'll work on my Duo-Sonic rebuild and have a short-scale to play with.

ive seen the mastery bridges, but i think they're a bit overpriced.

luckily, ive had no bridge buzz, but i still plan on replacing the saddles with graph tech mustang saddles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
What color is that? Prell?

Congrats on your new baby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
I wish you all the best with your new Miller High Life hat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it. I like to go to the store and play lots of guitars, but I also don't like to go, because then I want Guitars. I have a problem. I'm still a beginner only playing about 8 months now, but I have 4 guitars and 2 amps.

That being said, I think I have all the types I want now, so I'm not so tempted by new ones. At least I hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
peloquin17 wrote:
i am not a member of the musicians guild, but i will join.

ok...switches...

the lower horn - neck pickup (on/off), bridge pickup (on/off), mid-tone cut out (on/off). these are only active when the upper horn switch is in the lower position.

will probably re-wire the mid-tone switch to be an in phase/out of phase switch.

upper horn - neck/bridge switch. when in the neck position, the lower horn switches are inactive. the two knobs on the upper horn controls the neck pickup volume & tone.

lots of different sounds. still getting used it.

Thanks for this, I've seen these before and always wondered what all those gizmos did. I have enough trouble getting good sounds sometimes with the switch and three knobs. But I think a lot of that is my fingers as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
I like it. I like to go to the store and play lots of guitars, but I also don't like to go, because then I want Guitars. I have a problem. I'm still a beginner only playing about 8 months now, but I have 4 guitars and 2 amps.

That being said, I think I have all the types I want now, so I'm not so tempted by new ones. At least I hope.

different guitars give you different sounds.

im still looking for a guitar that i like with P90 pickups.

currently i have a tele with single coils, a tele with humbuckers, a 12 string electric with humbuckers (which i have to install a coil tap), and a strat with single coils that have a custom wiring circuit for in/out of phase.

with the jag, there are so many tonal options, ive yet to find my favorite
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it's a Schecter C-1 Custom (My favorite), an Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Might be too similar to the Schecter, but it's pretty). a Squier Vintage Modified 70's Strat, SSS, and a Takamine New Yorker Acoustic.

My amps, mostly bought another so I didn't have to carry the one back and forth between the living room and bedroom. Superchamp X2 and Egnater Tweaker. I think I'm happy with both of those. The Squier sounds better with the Superchamp, and the other two electrics definitely sound better with the Egnater.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I had to raise some cash in a hurry last month and sold my Parker P36 and Epiphone Lucille as well as my Vox mini-3 and Roland Micro Cube. I kept my Beatle Bass clone, my Steinberger Spirit GU-7, Vox VT30 AMp, Fender Bassman 25 and Roland 4x4 Micro Bass amp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
id be upset about getting rid of the parker.
everything else is easy to replace.

this is the first "store bought" guitar ive purchased...well...ever.

i usually build my own custom guitars from vintage parts based on the sound i want.

squire just released new jazzmasters, jaguars and mustangs at a killer price point based off the fender american vintage reissues. they've been getting amazing reviews as well.

i had to grab one before they stopped making them, or upped the price.

will prolly buy a mustang next month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hated to sell them and I sold several surplus guns, too. I figured the emerald green flame top maple Steinberger would be the the hardest to replace. I still see P36s on the Guitar Centers used site. Besides I liked the GU-7 as well as or better than the P36 for playability. The HSH pup configuration is more versatile than the tele style arrangement on the P36. I have a Boss Acoustic Guitar Simulator pedal that, with the proper amp settings, does a credible job of emulating the piezo pickups on the Parker. It sounds just like an acoustic guitar... unless one playing with people who playing real acoustic guitars. It'll work for my purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cant say im a huge fan of steinberger guitars.

i like the design, i just dont like the guitar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My son has the boat oar model. The neck through body neck is thicker and the fret board is flatter. The GU7R has a thinner bolt on neck and a the fret board doesn't feel as flat. Playability is as good as anything I've owned in recent history. Here is a family photo before I had to downsize.

However, I'm a sucker for tonal variety and lots of knobs and switches. Your new baby would be right up my alley, I'm afraid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it does give you alot of options.

you'd like my strat.

instead of the normal 3/5 position blade switch, there are 3 on/off/on switches for the pickups.

up is on in phase, down is on out of phase.

i really dont use it much. might even get rid of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
peloquin17 wrote:
it does give you alot of options.

you'd like my strat.

instead of the normal 3/5 position blade switch, there are 3 on/off/on switches for the pickups.

up is on in phase, down is on out of phase.

i really dont use it much. might even get rid of it.

Sounds like Brian May's setup. My favorite tone is usually bridge and neck out of phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.