Popular Tags: [View All]
Roy Battiscombe
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick question regarding Sneakdoor Beta from the Criminal deck:

The card says something along the lines of, Click - Make a run on Archives. If successfull treat it as a successfull run on HQ

(Not 100% sure on the card text, as I don't have my copy of the game on me)

Naturally this will trigger any abilities that trigger on successfull run on HQ, like trhe criminals Identity ability to gain 2 credits, but does this mean you also access his hand instead of the discard pile??

Our interpritation has been that you do access the corps hand, but we haven't been able to get a diffenative answer out of the rulebook, so we would like to find out if anyone else has.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you do access his hand, as if you had successfully reached HQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Treat as a successful run on HQ...

That means accessing a card from his hand instead of archives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Meng
msg tools
PhoenixTheBlack09 wrote:

The card says something along the lines of, Click - Make a run on Archives. If successfull treat it as a successfull run on HQ

You left out the comma and one period. whistle

But also, not only do you access the Corp's hand (like an HQ access), but you also access the root of HQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Caldeira
msg tools
PhoenixTheBlack09 wrote:
A quick question regarding Sneakdoor Beta from the Criminal deck:

(Not 100% sure on the card text, as I don't have my copy of the game on me)

Naturally this will trigger any abilities that trigger on successfull run on HQ, like trhe criminals Identity ability to gain 2 credits, but does this mean you also access his hand instead of the discard pile??

Our interpritation has been that you do access the corps hand, but we haven't been able to get a diffenative answer out of the rulebook, so we would like to find out if anyone else has.

Thanks

Just a quick noob question. To use this card ability I have to pay:
[1 click] to trigger the ability mentioned on "Sneakdoor Beta"
and then
[1 click] to make my run on archives

I'm asking this because it looks to me that the card gives a run for "free".

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sneakdoor's ability tells you to make a run when you spend a click on it.

You don't think Sure Gamble requires you to spend nine clicks for the credits you gain, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Smith
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ricardobond wrote:

and then

Thx

I had the same new-player question about Sneakdoor Beta and clicks required. I think this Q was already answered in this thread, but here is my explanation anyway.

Sneakdoor Beta is a program, not an Event. Once it is installed in memory, the Runner can invoke the program at any time during his/her turn sequence when "Paid Abilities" may be triggered (begin turn; after each action; after discard). The cost happens to be 1 click. So, you do not spend a click just to use the card, like you would on an Event. It's the same for programs like Magnum Opus and icebreakers. See rulebook page 21 (paid abilities).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
smiticus wrote:
ricardobond wrote:

and then

Thx

I had the same new-player question about Sneakdoor Beta and clicks required. I think this Q was already answered in this thread, but here is my explanation anyway.

Sneakdoor Beta is a program, not an Event. Once it is installed in memory, the Runner can invoke the program at any time during his/her turn sequence when "Paid Abilities" may be triggered (begin turn; after each action; after discard). The cost happens to be 1 click. So, you do not spend a click just to use the card, like you would on an Event. It's the same for programs like Magnum Opus and icebreakers. See rulebook page 21 (paid abilities).

It's generally considered bad form to post in a thread that's over a year old to answer a question that's already been answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
smiticus wrote:
ricardobond wrote:

and then

Thx

It's generally considered bad form to post in a thread that's over a year old to answer a question that's already been answered.

Especially when you post a misleading answer. You can't use it 'during any paid ability window'. The same page in the rules denotes any paid ability with one or more clicks as part of the cost as an ACTION. Therefore you can only trigger it as an Action; not during a paid window.

You cannot, for example, use any of these cards during a run, as a run is also an Action, and you must fully resolve one Action before you may trigger another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geekmate75
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The guard does not surrender

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Smith
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:

Novacat wrote:

Especially when you post a misleading answer. You can't use it 'during any paid ability window'. The same page in the rules denotes any paid ability with one or more clicks as part of the cost as an ACTION. Therefore you can only trigger it as an Action; not during a paid window.

You cannot, for example, use any of these cards during a run, as a run is also an Action, and you must fully resolve one Action before you may trigger another.

Well, this is humiliating.

I apologize for posting to an old/answered thread - "especially" since my comment turns out to be incorrect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.