Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Also, where did the anti-war protests go? Obama has expanded the war on terror and dramatically increased the number of drone strikes in multiple countries with his secret kill list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
In these things, which I think what matters, the US has only one major party; there is no opposition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmzero wrote:
Hate to be cynical, but he wants to get elected. There's swing voters who won't vote for him if he seems "soft on terror" (or something vague like that) - whereas there's not many people who are going to vote Republican because Obama didn't, say, close Guantanamo. If these issues are important to you, you're most likely voting Democrat either way.

Had Obama done anything of the sort, I as a non-Democratic voter would almost certainly have voted for hm. Under the circumstances, because he did not, I cannot in good conscience do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going ot shoot for the angle that they just figured it wasn't worth bothering to put in. They know based on experience of the last 4 tat they'll face an uphill battle on everything from the budget to the patterns chosen for 'wackey tie fridays' So they just figured leave out the things that will be non-starters and aren't QUITE as directly results-oriented as some other things. While I think they are all GOD points, I can see someone saying 'Well, it's fiscal solvency, or battling them about the wiretaps... hmmm'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moshe has a point, (just as in the UK) we now have a situation where the Demotwats are afraid to support any policies that the Republicretins can attack as being light on terror.

Where does Romeny stand on these issues, he certainly seems to support wire tapping. I also seem to recall that Governor Romneyhe is a strong supporter of the Patriot Act, and the expanded powers given to the government for homeland security.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
jmzero wrote:
Hate to be cynical, but he wants to get elected. There's swing voters who won't vote for him if he seems "soft on terror" (or something vague like that) - whereas there's not many people who are going to vote Republican because Obama didn't, say, close Guantanamo. If these issues are important to you, you're most likely voting Democrat either way.

Had Obama done anything of the sort, I as a non-Democratic voter would almost certainly have voted for hm. Under the circumstances, because he did not, I cannot in good conscience do so.

Of course, Romney has no intention of closing it either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:
whac3 wrote:
jmzero wrote:

Of course, Romney has no intention of closing it either.

Yes, and so he's not getting my vote either for much the same reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are more than two parties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Third Party 2012!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
Third Party 2012!

I prefer to regard Democrats and Republicans as two branches of the same party that pretend they're not essentially doing the same thing in all that really matters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.