Subject: what do you think?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what do you think about the idea of the storyteller to take negative points when none of the other players vote his card?you can't go down from 0 points.
the only i think is the time of the game that will be bigger but at the same time the competitiveness will be much more
after the second session i saw that if one player get around to score its hard to loose the first place
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the story teller should be encouraged to play it safe.

I can see this being abused/misused and destabilising the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like Dixit but I don't think the scoring has been completely fine tuned. It seemd off some how and a bit clumsy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand the proposal. In the original rules is no one picks the storyteller's card (or everyone picks it), all other players get 2 points and the storyteller gets none (effectively the storyteller gets minus 2 points). The only difference is that subtracting points prolongs the game a bit. I really don't think that's necessary. If you're only playing with one deck, 30 points will just about get you to the end of the deck and if you're playing with more, I would suggest resetting the score once one person gets to 30 so that another player can have a chance to win.

I think that the scoring system is very elegant and works so well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i want to make the game more competitive.because example game for 6 players (my last game) 4 of the players stay behind at the score about 5 points and we couldn't reaches the other 2 players
what i want to say is that when someone take some various to score from other players it's hard to THREAT him
i don't know if the negative points are the wright way it was just a thought
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the best way to score Dixit (especially since I'm not that worried about wining/losing) is that the bad clues (all or none) get -3 points for the giver. Good clues still get 3 for each of the correct participants, and 1pt goes to each incorrect vote person (both as in the rules).

The whole 2 point thing makes the point scoring unnecessarily complicated. I know its not complicated a game, but hell....might as well simplify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe you do't have to put negative points you can do the other:
all found the card=2points.the storyteller 0 points
At least 1player found the card +the story teller =3 points
none found the card+story teller=0 points
vote on your card=1 point
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.