Subject: Opinions on playing this game with a 10 year old? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, My 10 year old loves Clue, so I came across this game and was curious on how it plays. Whats your take on this game, Thanks..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a 6-player session of this a few weeks ago with 5 adults and a 10-year-old, and not only did the 10-year-old enjoy it, she won the game! She needed a little help now and then reading some of the more obscure words on the cards, but, other than that she grasped the game very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
My son managed to win when he was 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Riddell
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mystery of the Abbey plays a lot like Clue, but has more theme and the clues are more subtle. I like it better mostly because of the theme and production values and probably because I've played Clue way too many times in my lifetime (though I do have both games).

You should check out another Days of Wonder game, Mystery Express. This is also similar to Clue and has some interesting ways of discovering cards and the game may end before anyone has perfect knowledge of whodunit which adds excitement.

If your 10 year old likes logic games I'd also recommend checking out Scotland Yard, Ghost Chase, or if you can find it somewhere Clue: The Great Museum Caper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
riddell wrote:
Mystery of the Abbey plays a lot like Clue, but has more theme and the clues are more subtle. I like it better mostly because of the theme and production values and probably because I've played Clue way too many times in my lifetime (though I do have both games).

You should check out another Days of Wonder game, Mystery Express. This is also similar to Clue and has some interesting ways of discovering cards and the game may end before anyone has perfect knowledge of whodunit which adds excitement.

If your 10 year old likes logic games I'd also recommend checking out Scotland Yard, Ghost Chase, or if you can find it somewhere Clue: The Great Museum Caper.
Thanks for the suggestions, I will check them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.