Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yes, I am audacious enough to propose this, run this, and title it as it is.

1. $1.00 Entry Fee

2. Single Elimination, winner-take-all: last one standing gets game of choice from any online retailer using entry fees.

3. Accepting starting roster of 44 or 55.

4. First round games will be 4 or 5 games of 11/2.

5. Entrants will be asked to rank players (via PM) on BGG so as to divide ranked players in first round games. These rankings will not be disclosed.

6. Matrix will be created for what games will be played, how many players in each game, for whatever possible remaining players left. 11/2 and 9/2 player games will be the most preferred. 15-17/3 will be next. Equal numbers in each game will be preferred. Selection to each game will always be random.

7. With 4 or less remaining, a non-traditional WW format (with WW elements) will be proposed to determine the next round and/or winner.

8. Accepting suggestions, recommendations, and criticisms. After all, this is not the Dbmurph championships, it is the BGG championships. Suggestions will be measured by consensus.

9. Even with the spike in competitiveness, fair, fun, and courteous play will be expected.

10. All games will be traditional Wolf-Villager-Seer games, except for 1 Wolf games. There will be no seer in those games.

Have at it!

More to come.......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you mean 1 US dollar. How are 'payments' made?

With the prize, how is postage handled?

What time is lynch time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
bluebehir wrote:
I assume you mean 1 US dollar. How are 'payments' made?

With the prize, how is postage handled?

What time is lynch time?

Good questions.

1. I think payments could be made via Paypal (or something like that) or a check. International stuff makes it more complicated, but if nothing else someone could put in a dollar for someone. It's a dollar!

2. Maybe prize should be game and postage out of entry fees.

3. TBD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the nature of the game, that there is no shame in losing, and immense satisfaction in winning, I'm in. The starting date is excellent. March will be the month of Werewolf Championship. We could also moderate for each other.

Ground rules are important though.
1. Meta-gaming is unavoidable. But no OOC gaming. This means no swearing (as in making vows), and no throwing of tantrums.

2. No sore losers (I mean myself) and ungracious winners. That includes complaints about moderating and balance, and the gameplay of others. We are all in this for fun.

I am sure there are others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Wadkins
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Excellent. I plan to be a notorious household name in Online Werewolf by then. You shall all bow before me as I win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm tentatively in for now... I don't know what the money situation will be in my house as the husband is out of a job at the end of the month... And the work he does, no opportunities in sight until the spring...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks intersting but I'm going to have to pass... Anything that makes Werewolf more intense and stressful is NOT a good thing in my world. I just try to make sure that I don't take Werewolf tooo seriously and end up stresssing in RL about it. This would not help that at all. But it will be fun to read/watch the game and see who is the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Making WW stressful is up to the participant. The money thing (it's one dollar) can go away - thought it might be fun to have some stakes.

It's really no big deal. A format where people have to work together, but ultimately are in it for themselves seems like a cool concept. Plus, everyone loves a tourney....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ann De Haes
Netherlands
Doorwerth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in - but we'll have to work something out for the dollar. I like the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Don't make me bust out the drama!!
badge
Panda is a Werewolf. The Village wins!
mbmbmbmbmb
Latria wrote:
Given the nature of the game, that there is no shame in losing, and immense satisfaction in winning, I'm in. The starting date is excellent. March will be the month of Werewolf Championship. We could also moderate for each other.

Ground rules are important though.
1. Meta-gaming is unavoidable. But no OOC gaming. This means no swearing (as in making vows), and no throwing of tantrums.

2. No sore losers (I mean myself) and ungracious winners. That includes complaints about moderating and balance, and the gameplay of others. We are all in this for fun.

I am sure there are others.

Hee!! # 2 is easy! # 1 is harder... it's in my blood to create drama. I mean really, when I'm a wolf I never throw a tantrum. When I'm a good special, I always create drama. At least I have internal consistancy. I think I'll pass, but I'll throw a dollar in for an international player

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.