Subject: Seventh Designer Diary online rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.aresgames.eu/5080
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, I wish they would just get this to the stores ASAP. been waiting for this for a while...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amen to that, I'd love to get my hands on one too. The example copy they were showing at Gencon looked great.

Plus, the sooner I get it, the sooner I'll be done painting the new figs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smeagol looks good. I really like the way his torn nature is represented and may act as a force both for and/or against the FSP.

Will we see the abilities of Elrond given in detail in episode 8?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Have Smeagol still enter play the usual, thematic way, but have ways to control the composition of the Hunt Pool? BRILLIANT!

This game's in such good hands. Every rule is how I'd do it (but didn't think of), adding interesting decisions and what-if scenarios while still preserving thematic integrity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We won't go in much more details in the Designer Diaries - we've still a couple to end the series, then we'll post the rules which will give you all the details you may still want to know!
The Expansion should be in stores around the end of October, it's shipping from the factory next week. So the wait should not be TOO long (at least, shorter than the wait for the first Hobbit movie!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
We won't go in much more details in the Designer Diaries - we've still a couple to end the series, then we'll post the rules which will give you all the details you may still want to know!
The Expansion should be in stores around the end of October, it's shipping from the factory next week. So the wait should not be TOO long (at least, shorter than the wait for the first Hobbit movie!).

Any word if there will painted versions of the figures for us CE owners?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Fogg
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me at first glance that Smeagol, the tamed wretch adds a bit of help to the free peoples, as the appearance of a Smeagol tile mainly favors the FP (though it can turn against them, wisely using Smeagol should just provide benefits).

Having said that, Im trusting you Roberto completely to have tested this extensively and that the balance is preserved in the game: Wotr is the most beautiful piece of design. The game has too many good things to mention, but the final touch that makes it a masterpiece of gaming is the delicate equilibrium in such assimetric game.

Eager to include the Lords of Middle Earth in the struggle for the Ring!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
crazyyog wrote:
cybernex wrote:

Any word if there will painted versions of the figures for us CE owners?

We're working on it, but we can't announce anything definite yet. We have to juggle quantities, quality and price to see if we can create what people expects to buy, at the price people expects to pay, without taking too long! Not easy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:

Pins and needles! At first I thought you'd inadvertently left out Elrond's card abilities, but it seems that is being kept as a surprise?! I hope it's something powerful to offset the very powerful abilities of Gothmog and The Mouth.

Lets' see, there is a card for Isildur's bane, but Elrond ordered the reforging of the great sword, Narsil. Might Narsil be returning to cut some more digits off the hands of Sauron's minions . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Johnson
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Well me known for eating cookie when me don't they shout
badge
Look! He try to throw loyal fans a curve!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cybernex wrote:
The Expansion should be in stores around the end of October, it's shipping from the factory next week.

Huzzah! That's the news I've been waiting to hear since I saw the expansion at GenCon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.