Matt Campbell
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
PLAY GAMES!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what size the cards are? Can I assume they are the standard GMT card size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drsoup wrote:
Does anyone know what size the cards are? Can I assume they are the standard GMT card size?

Yes indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
drsoup wrote:

Yes indeed.

And what is that? I looked at sleeving them with the sleeves I use for Mage Knight Board Game, KMC Clear Sleeves Perfect Size, and the sleeves are slightly too short. The ones I used were are the standard size for Magic cards, I believe.

What is the best sleeving option for GMT cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
badge
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:

I just go to any game store an pickup the same sleeves that are used for Magic: The Gathering. If you want a brand, I have had success with all my GMT games using KMC sleeves: I have the WVersion (clear) on Twilight Struggle, PoG, CC:E, CC:P; and I have the MAT (black) on 1989 and Andean Abyss.

I tend to like the clear better, since they allow you to see the art on the backside of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Percy0715 wrote:
dkeisen wrote:

I just go to any game store an pickup the same sleeves that are used for Magic: The Gathering. If you want a brand, I have had success with all my GMT games using KMC sleeves: I have the WVersion (clear) on Twilight Struggle, PoG, CC:E, CC; and I have the MAT (black) on 1989 and Andean Abyss.

I tend to like the clear better, since they allow you to see the art on the backside of the cards.

Maybe I have vision issues, but I used Magic-like sleeves and they seemed a hair too short to fully protect the Andean Abyss cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
badge
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
Maybe I have vision issues, but I used Magic-like sleeves and they seemed a hair too short to fully protect the Andean Abyss cards.

Might be so. My cards fit just about perfectly, not short at all. There's a few mm of space at the top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're standard MTG size. I use these sleeves: http://boardgameextras.co.uk/item.php?id=997&name=50+Premium...
Those fit perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Glazik
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could not really recommend Mayday sleeves. It's quality have drastically dropped for last few years. They are great for storing cards, but with a lot of shuffling they just get damaged. After about twenty games in Blood Bowl: Team Manager I had to change Mayday sleeves. On the other side in Andean Abyss there is not much shuffling so Mayday's should be enough.

I recommend FFG sleeves, which has costs much, but are really thick, and has one adventage. They are a little higher than card and in this part over card foils just stick together hiding the cards in hermetic cocoon. I saw a few times when cards in FFG sleeves was flooded in beer or tea and they was ok. I was using Mayday sleeves for a long time, but this time has ended.

This is good size for all GTM's cards - I have AA, LWOT and 1989 cards in these:
http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/productdetails.cfm?sku=F...
2 1/2" x 3 1/2" (63.5 x 88 mm)

One disadventage - stack with FFG sleeves is almost twice as high as without.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought I'd add the observation that as there are no "card hands" in this game, sleeving them shouldn't be as urgent, or even necessary, as other CDG titles where wear and tear will more likely result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.