Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Richmond
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Hi BGG,

I'm starting a board game club (http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/854950/starting-a-small-boar...) and I'm looking for any board games that are 4+ players (The more the better) that revolve around cooperative dungeon crawls without too much setup time. Things like Dungeon Quest and Descent (2nd Ed).

The more players that can play the better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Agro
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any of the Dungeons and Dragon games (Drizzt, Ashardalon, Castle Ravenloft) would probably fall into that category.

Dungeon Run is a pretty easy setup.

Mice and Mystics looks like it would fall into that category as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeons and Dragons - Castle Ravenloft
Dungeons and Dragons - Wrath of Ashardalon
Dungeons and Dragons - Legend of Drizzt
Tomb
Dungeon Run
Catacombs
DungeonQuest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Richmond
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Do these games require a DM to spent >1 hour to sit there setting up the scenario. I'm not sure our group is up for that just yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Carroll
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Top 10 Dungeon Crawl Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Agro
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
strich wrote:
Do these games require a DM to spent >1 hour to sit there setting up the scenario. I'm not sure our group is up for that just yet.

I dont believe any of the D&D games require a DM. They were pretty much designed to run on card drawing and tile placement.

I know for sure dungeon run does not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Richmond
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Awesome! Will definitely check em out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nap16 wrote:

Needs Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) on there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Richmond
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
A lot of people in that list are saying many of those games listed there aren't Dungeon Crawlers at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athos
United States
Milwaukee
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget Dungeoneer: Tomb of the Lich Lord
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
strich wrote:
A lot of people in that list are saying many of those games listed there aren't Dungeon Crawlers at all.

Many as in two? Thunderstone and Dungeon Twister were the only two I saw that had the issue raised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
strich wrote:

Many as in two? Thunderstone and Dungeon Twister were the only two I saw that had the issue raised.

I think his point is that its hardly a top ten list, more a crappy Geeklist that isn't correct at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Hong Kong
State of Mind
flag msg tools
badge
I don't even drink!
mbmbmbmbmb
robbdaman wrote:

Note that Dungeon Run is only vaguely co-op at the start. Once the summoning stone is picked up it really turns into a "screw everyone else and give my my precious" type game. Fun but I would not call it co-op. You can "help" others, but that help usually comes at a price. It is definitely not altruistic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Richmond
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
I should really say I'm looking for "Partnership" games - Eg ones that can provide coop but also the ability to backstab etc.
Thanks for the suggestions so far guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dexter Solen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robbdaman wrote:
matthean wrote:
strich wrote:

I think his point is that its hardly a top ten list, more a crappy Geeklist that isn't correct at all.

Disagree. It is a pretty good list and a decent starting point to explore the genre. I actually like the comments arguing additions/deletions to the list--so it serves multiple purposes. Just my opinion, although, "crappy" did seem harse and inaccurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently played the deluxe version of Order of the Stick Adventure Game: The Dungeon of Dorukan and enjoyed it. It is my new go to dungeon game.

I also own a copy of Dungeon Run and it is a hoot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darth Solo wrote:
Disagree. It is a pretty good list and a decent starting point to explore the genre. I actually like the comments arguing additions/deletions to the list--so it serves multiple purposes. Just my opinion, although, "crappy" did seem harse and inaccurate.

Perhaps you are right. It is a list of 10 that is only 80% correct, I guess a C average is alright.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.