United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
https://www.twitch.tv/gamerhudson
badge
https://www.instagram.com/gamer.hudson/
mbmbmbmbmb
Would it cancel enemy "when engages a player" effects since I chose to engage him and he didnt engage me?

Or is engaging the act of moving the enemy to the engagement area no matter what

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Engagements are always mutual. If you engage him, he engages you simultaneously, and vice versa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Anderson
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If engagements are always mutual then that step where the player has the choice of engaging can just be skipped in a solo game as there is no advantage to the player to engage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure there is. You might want to pull down an enemy you know you can defeat but whose engagement value is higher than your current threat. Gets them out of the staging area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Anderson
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes! That makes sense. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BattleZone wrote:
Would it cancel enemy "when engages a player" effects since I chose to engage him and he didnt engage me?

Or is engaging the act of moving the enemy to the engagement area no matter what

This question gets my vote as the most asked question about this game that has appeared on these forums. (No offense to the asker.) It narrowly beats out the following answers:

"No, you can't skip the Quest Phase."

"No, adding a resource icon does not give you another resource."

There are probably others, but these are the Big Three in my opinion. Someone ought to start a thread called "very very frequently asked questions" just to help out novices who keep making the same mistakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shilinski wrote:

There are probably others, but these are the Big Three in my opinion. Someone ought to start a thread called "very very frequently asked questions" just to help out novices who keep making the same mistakes.

If only there were some sort of document that existed that contained the answers to these questions....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim . K
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OK .. lol link please ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
JimBGG wrote:
OK .. lol link please ...

No link required. They gave you this mysterious document in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was perhaps being a little more snarky than was warranted. But the rules and the FAQ are available from FFG's website.

But actually FFG's FAQ doesn't include the answers to the "can I skip phases of the game if I don't like them" and the "can I just assume that any card that mentions resources gives me free ones" questions.

The engagement question is answered in the core rulebook, as Brian suggests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim . K
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
who'd have guessed ... lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.