Eric Miller
Australia
Upwey
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my shortest game tonight. Only 7 Mystery cards were drawn, with 2 of these the result of bad rolls at the town hall and Fields.

The game was an advanced solo cooperative match with Isabella Von Took the Noble woman and Anne Marie the teacher against the Necromancer. The two women were definitely no match for the Villian and his horde.

Two elders killed in the first 3 rounds, by Traitors Blood and No one is Safe, sent the shadow track hurtling towards darkness. One of these Elders was turned into a zombie with the Necromancers Death Embrace.

With the initial placement of walking dead close to town The relentless advance certainly moved the shadow track quickly as the walking dead overrun the town hall rapidly. The final round saw 4 minions overrun the town hall.

Isabella spent most of the time getting knocked out and needed to confront minions at the town hall on two occasions immediately being knocked out again before having a chance to get out of the town Hall.

Rolls on the cooperative chart also moved the Shadow track far too quickly for the lovely ladies to manage.

The shadow track reached Zero after only 5 rounds.
4 by Elder Death, 6 by cooperative chart rolls, 4 by Mystery Card and 7 by Town Hall overrun.

This is my second Advanced game against the Necromancer with these two ladies with both ending in defeat. Will they ever be able to rise to the occasion and defeat this Villian?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Where were you hiding when the storm broke?
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Third time's the charm...good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vernon Evenhuis
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Necromancer is a tough one to beat. It's really difficult to handle the inevitable conga line of undead marching into town. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
Australia
Upwey
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WizardHowl wrote:
Third time's the charm...good luck!

Afraid not, game 3 and the 2 ladies met their fate yet again. However quite a few more rounds were managed before the inevitable overrun of the town hall took the Shadow track to Zero once again.

I had the lair card and was marching towards the final Showdown but alas the ladies walked too slow.

Just out of interest I decided to see what would have happened if I had managed to reach the lair in time. Sadly the Necromancer would have been toast, with Isabella taking the lead in the attack. but unfortunately it was not to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.