Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
What were you expecting?
badge
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all you Werewolf fans,

Forgive the sort of newbie-ness of this post, but I am really thinking about getting this game as it plays well with a lot and has a party aspect to it, but here's the thing:

I'm in grad school and a lot of people just hate games that take awhile to explain. So, with all the new roles, is this one that takes like, twenty minutes for pre-game rules? Also, how much more enjoyment is in this one that say the regular parlor game? How much excitement do the new roles really add?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It takes just 2 or 3 minutes to explain the rules, just like "the parlor game"...which this is, really. It just has nice cards. The game can be played with all the roles using a poker deck, of course, but the nice, color cards make a lot of difference.

However you play, it's probably best to introduce just one or two roles at a time. You can explain wolves and villager and then add a new role after a game or two, then exchange those for others as you play more games.

The game often breaks down if you have too many special roles at once, anyway. You should probably try never to have more special roles on the village team than you have members of the wolf team, and usually fewer until you get the hang of how to balance the teams.

But the flavor and strategies that the different roles give make the game fresh if you play a lot.

I'd say buy it. It has the best cards out right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the version you want and it comes with text on the cards. It can be played simply with the "basic" roles or more complex with some of the other roles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.