Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SFGE 2nd Edition, from consimworld forum source:

We're looking ahead to a second edition/printing of SFGE to be published in 2013. We'll also release a computer edition concurrently. We anticipate making some improvements in the charts and tables and result explanations with a chart or two moving from the map to a player aid card to place more of the result explanations with each chart for easier reference. Systemically, not a lot of changes, but the overall effect will be to make it tougher and a bit more chaotic for the erstwhile player/emperor.

Here are the changes Joseph and him discussed for the upcoming SFGE second edition:

1. Imperial Order units will have a Morphogenetic rating of 2 and never convert (not effect by Morphogenetic combat). They also add +1 to Suppression die rolls for Chaos Events in their sector.

2. World Ship units will have a Morphogenetic rating of 3. They also add +2 to Suppression die rolls for Chaos Events in their sector.

3. No Suppression for Chaos Events on GT1.

4. For each turn after placement the Messiah is on the board +1 added to the AERT (so it becomes increasingly likely to be removed).

5. Limit of 10 Repression plus Illumination counters at the end of each Resource Phase (that is, it is possible by virtue of operations or events to go higher but players may not purchase markers to go higher than 10).

6. Galactic Crusade result changed to: pick any one sector and receive up to the resource value in SF/CG’s (player’s choice of sector and composition).

7. Increased Resources: Must have a Leader in Core Sector with Imperial System Unit. Roll 1d10 and add Core LV, multiply by 10% (creates a range of 10-120%), multiply the percentage times the resources collected for the turn and round any fractions up. Add the result to the Resources collected for that turn. Then roll a second 1d10 and add to the first die roll – the sum is added to the Chaos Level. Also, another Increased Resources attempt may not occur until a number of turns equal to the original die roll passes.

8. Each time a Usurper moves towards the Core, 1d10 is added to the Chaos Level (once per Usurper per Chaos Operations round).

9. Invaders: roll on the table a number of times equal to the LV+1 (that is, an Invader with an LV of 3 would roll 4 times).

10. Independent Empires: Recruiting Table 0-2 None 3-5 1 SF 6-8 1 CG 9-11 1 AF 12-14 1 SF + 1CG 15-17 1 AF + 1CG 18-20 1 WS 21+ 1 WS + 1 SF, AF, or CG (whichever the IE has the least of)

We're open to further ideas but time is limited to about end of July before we need to wrap up the further play testing we are conducting with these new rules.

Doc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Gallego
Spain
Sarriguren
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you know if there will be an upgrade kit for the owners of the 1st edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope there will be some kind of upgrade kit available as well. Even if it doesn't, I'm glad they think this game has a future and will keep improving it and keep new copies in circulation. It would be sad to see another good game turn into a relic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edgar Gallego wrote:
Do you know if there will be an upgrade kit for the owners of the 1st edition?

It doesn´t appear any information about an upgrade kit in the consimworld forum.

Because they´re looking for further ideas for the second edition. it would be good to use the boardgame geek forum to propose them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mapiu2001 wrote:
Because they´re looking for further ideas for the second edition. it would be good to use the boardgame geek forum to propose them.

Wouldn't there be a better chance they'd see it if you post on consimworld instead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Make it tougher? Seriously? I must be the only one really bad then soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pere cobo
Spain
barcelona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone knows if they are going to update the board?
I was working on a new board because the original is just ok, and with such evocative theme this game deserves a better board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I read somewhere that every part is being modified/updated, including the "board".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a chance to get this game in a trade. Considering they want to make a 2nd edition, should I wait for the second edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Probably yes, according to Decision Games it is a second edition with everything upgraded. Besides, it is not going to be a long time till it will be published. They say it is going to appear in june 2013.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickaël Rémondière
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I'm tring to get the shipping cost to Europe (France exactly) but I can't ...I have to validate my credit card it seems so.

Anyone could tell me please ? Before ordering

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don´t you contact with them in order to know their shipping cost to Europe?

If you´re trying to buy it in DG it is usually quite expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickaël Rémondière
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually it is really expensive !
I did not imagine so...

I asked and had and answer from DG and it is approximatively $47 shipping cost !!

The same price as the game or even more if pledging it !

A shame ... I won't buy it this way so I will wait if a french retailer gonna sell the second version of thisgame.

Kalen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be a new online rulebook to go along with the 2nd edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A. Mora
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
Will there be a new online rulebook to go along with the 2nd edition?

It's available at the publisher's site:

http://decisiongames.com/wpsite/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/S...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the second edition only a rule revision, or there is actually a 2nd re-print.

If it's just a rule revision, I imagine the components of the 1st edition is compatible with the second edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A. Mora
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
larienna wrote:
Is the second edition only a rule revision, or there is actually a 2nd re-print.

If it's just a rule revision, I imagine the components of the 1st edition is compatible with the second edition?

Well, I actually own a 1st edition copy, but I'm playing with the revised rules. Components are generally the same, with some minor changes:
- Usurpers are now marked with a Leader Value 1 through 4 (2 markes for each value), so no random leader is to be drawn. Please note some interesting changes have been introduced to the rules regarding this bad guys, and I'm afraid that the Usurpation Table has been largely revised.
- Independent Empires: rebel IE are now marked IER1 - IER3, instead of IE#4-IE#6, I think.
- Invaders are now marked also 1 through 4, not 0-3
- The Mutant has now a leader value of 5, instead of 4.
- Imperial Orders have now a morphogenetic value = 2
- World ships have now a morphogenetic value of 3.

There is a photo in the image gallery with the counters sheets (http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1727346/struggle-for-the-gala...), so please take a look at it. Too bad, there is not a photo of the tables, especially these ones, that I suspect have been revised:
- Usurpation table
- Independent Empire Recruitment
- Increased Resources

EDIT: corrections for some spelling and wording errors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.