Subject: Zombicide App rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Percy Montblanc
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We are very proud and happy to announce with our partner Twisted Key and Coolminiornot that the Zombicide app is downloadable in the itunes store. FOR FREE (and we are the first doing such a crazy thing for a boardgame app! We don't need your money for this , you already bought our game...). Android version will follow next month.
Please send us your feedback! This is not a game it is a great application that will enhance your game experience! Enjoy... http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zombicide/id557278582?uo=4&mt...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Neely
United States
redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Great app! Excellent way to track turns and a must for solo play. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fantastic.
Looking forward to the android app
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
khorgor wrote:
fantastic.
Looking forward to the android app

Yep, I think it will definitely be handy.

I'm curious to hear reports from iPad owners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I just need 5 more iPads so everyone can have their own tracker...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, if Survivors can play "pass the chainsaw", you guys can play "pass the iPad".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
salem .
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you can have multiple survivors being tracked at once with the app, and just switch between them? Can't wait for android version. As others have said, sounds like it will be particularly handy for solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
salemchrist wrote:
So you can have multiple survivors being tracked at once with the app, and just switch between them?

Exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Ryn
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Some of us are still technologically behind the times. Any chance of a windows (and i suppose, mac) version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
Copied from my post on the KS update...

Pretty good app - the UI is a little bit clunky with a few not-so-intuitive choices made, but generally it's quite good. If there were an iPhone version (or rather, a version for smaller-than-tablet devices), it would have to have a completely different design. I like that with this, it stays true to the actual Survivor cards. Having the action tracker that updates according to player abilities is a very nice touch!

I'm not sure why someone would want a Windows version... Having a tablet on the gaming table is one thing - a computer - even a laptop - seems like a lot more hassle than just using the cards that come with the game.

But nicely done! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Herring
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the app. I think it is great especially if everyone has a tablet. Passing to play is not so bad either but the app itself works pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Bertoniere
United States
Durham
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol, I'm not passing my tablet 200 dollar kindle around for anyone to use, let alone a 600 dollar ipad. Shouldn't be much of a issue here, I doubt they'll ever put one out that can be used on kindle anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonny english
msg tools
be good if they had one for iphone, not spending 200-700 pound on tablet when i got laptop and iphone 4s.
my girlfrind got the kindle fire hd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the Kindle Fire run Android apps? If so get that. But I'm with you, wanted the app but only have an iPhone. Getting married in a couple of months and trying to convince the wife (to-be) that we should spend some of our wedding gift money on a tablet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kindle Fire does use Android. However, it cannot use GooglePlus so you cannot download the app. It needs to be through the Amazon store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that seems like a massive oversight by Guillotine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wish they released an iphone version. I'm fine with the small size...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
The Android version of this is very well done, I've used it on the Nexus 7 and it looks nice and even has some thematic sound effects (zombies moaning when you load it up, a siren that sounds when you hit the next XP level).

The one big glaring omission is the ability to add your own characters. At the moment it has the three Kickstarter promo characters in there, but if you want to use any of the yet to be released characters or go off the beaten track with custom characters, you will need to stick with the old fashioned method.

The only two other minor issues I've found are that when you combined the bottle and gas to create a Molotov with Dave, you only get one even though it correctly lists his skill (I assume you can go through the item cards and just manually give him another which is why it's not a major deal but would have been nice). The other issue is that there is no easy way to add experience outside of adding zombie kills or objective markers, so if you're playing a scenario that lets you gain XP in another way your recording won't be as accurate - again a really minor thing but would have been nice (I only mention it because they give the option to arbitrarily remove XP points but the only way to add them is by adding to zombie kill/objective totals, which might have different effects in custom scenarios).

Still, one of the most polished game companions I've seen to date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Wade
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any plans to put the Android app on the Amazon app store for the Kindle Fire? Just saying as that's the route my family went.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please email guru@guillotinegames.com and ask to have the .apk directly on the Guillotine site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit Flageol
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
Any plans to update the app?

-Fix dragging cards
-Fix dice rolling bug
-Add season 2 characters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Announcing the Zombicide Companion App 2.0!

Hello Zombiciders! We know you’ve been waiting a long time for a new version of the Zombicide app for iOS and Android and the wait is almost over!

Guillotine Games and Twisted Key Entertainment are happy to announce that you should be seeing the new app in an app store near you around May 2014!

On top of all the things you loved about the original, we’ve added many new features, here’s a sample of what’s coming:

– All survivors! (Almost) all expansions! – You’ll finally be able to play with any of the survivors and pretty much every expansion released so far! Missing expansions will be added very shortly after the app is released. Expansions that aren’t released yet will also make it into the app much faster going forward!

– Networking – You can now connect several devices together while playing, and each device can handle any number of survivors for your play session.

– In-app decks! – Tired of mixing and shuffling decks? Let the app do it for you! You can mix decks from several expansions at your heart’s leisure and draw cards inside the app itself! Of course, if you like the paper decks you can also keep using them!

– Zombivors, Ultrared Mode – You can now play as a Zombivor or play the game in Ultrared Mode!

– Retina graphics, improved interface – All graphics now use hi-res versions which look great with the newest retina displays! We’ve also improved app flow considerably and it should be easier than ever to use!

Season 1 content will continue to be free, as well as selected survivors from Season 2. Content packs for Prison Outbreak, Toxic City Mall and the upcoming Season 3, including all cards, survivors and equipment will be available for $2.99* – or get them all (including the upcoming Season 3 content) for the low price of $5.99*.
Smaller sets and Survivor bundles will be available for $0.99*.

We've spent a lot of time and effort improving the app and including all the new content, so we're charging a small fee for the extra content, but also to ensure you guys get the latest content ASAP and the maximum level of support for the app. We’re working hard to make this worth the wait, stay tuned to facebook.com/GuillotineGames and facebook.com/TwistedKey for more news!

*Pricing will vary by region and currency employed. These are the estimated prices for USA App Stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenesis Xenon
Australia
flag msg tools
This is cool. Now if only I had a smart device.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
The updates sounds awesome. Nickel and dime-ing your customers who have already paid a tidy sum for the physical game is the opposite of awesome.

I've already succumbed to enough of your transparent ploys to squeeze more cash out of your enthusiastic player base, but at least I got something when I paid for those expansions and add-ons. I will not be paying extra for the privilege of unlocking the same expansion content in the app. Guess it just gets deleted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reitoei wrote:
The updates sounds awesome. Nickel and dime-ing your customers who have already paid a tidy sum for the physical game is the opposite of awesome.

I've already succumbed to enough of your transparent ploys to squeeze more cash out of your enthusiastic player base, but at least I got something when I paid for those expansions and add-ons. I will not be paying extra for the privilege of unlocking the same expansion content in the app. Guess it just gets deleted.

Because apps just magic themselves into existence, right?

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.