Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Chiu
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just wondering, if the scenarios don't specifically call for collecting these items, do they serve any function when the survivors discover them in the search deck? Or do they just dilute the deck of weapons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They are useful as useless cards you can discard when a zombie wounds you, so you don't have to discard something you actually need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They serve two purposes:

1. To dilute the deck of weapons.
2. To give you something useless to discard when you get bitten by a zombie.

Of course, you shouldn't be getting bitten by zombies so early in the game that 2 comes into play very often, so they're mostly there for 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are used for some scenarios.
Isn't there one.where you have to collect supplies in a car and escape?

If not they can be used in custom scenarios.
The campaign I wrote up uses them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
friends and I have discussed Using an action to combine the pan, rice, canned food and water as an action(cook), then each survivor can use an action to heal a slot(eat) if in the same room without zombies. otherwise they covered it per rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Rainey
United States
Cookeville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
We thought about just being able to use one of the food items as an action to heal a wound in some fashion as well, since there really isn't a solid usable mechanic to heal at the moment. (I love the idea of that custom hero that starts with Medic at blue).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zanetheinsane wrote:
We thought about just being able to use one of the food items as an action to heal a wound in some fashion as well, since there really isn't a solid usable mechanic to heal at the moment. (I love the idea of that custom hero that starts with Medic at blue).

It's a nice idea, but I'd have to say some sort of "Rice counts as a medical kit instead." To avoid the video game trope of someone's wounds closing up when they scarf down a bag of dry rice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueThirteen wrote:
zanetheinsane wrote:

It's a nice idea, but I'd have to say some sort of "Rice counts as a medical kit instead." To avoid the video game trope of someone's wounds closing up when they scarf down a bag of dry rice.

There are far too many supplies in the deck to use them all as med kits (without removing many of them, of course). How about making meals that can heal: Need a pan, and two of water/rice/canned food (supplies) in order to heal. The two supplies get used up, but you keep the pan.

Of course, this only works in games with more than 3 survivors... or you can adapt the setup to always deal out all 3 pans, regardless of number of survivors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or shuffle any remaining pans into the equipment deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach W
Australia
North Gosford
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Our group came up with the house rule that three food items combine into a meal that can be eaten (1 action point) to heal 1 wound.

We discussed needing the pan and exactly 1 rice, 1 water, and 1 canned food but thought this was easier since it was our first session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Chiu
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Instead of healing wounds, what if combining a rice, water and/or food card with a pan inside a building (in a zombie-free room of course) gave everyone in that room one extra action for the next round (sort of an 'energy boost')?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this was answered any other place in the Zombicide forums but-
For the mission that requires you to collect Rice, Water and Canned Food. Are these cards just shuffled into the deck? We prepared a second deck of just these items- I think a total of nine cards, and when players picked up one of the objective tokens they drew a card randomly from this new deck.

The problem with this was-
There were 9 items in the deck and only six objective markers. We had the bad luck of all of the rice being in the bottom three cards so no one was able to collect them.

The way object markers and objective items in the deck work together isn't very clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wha? wh.... ahh... uh? What?

Man, sorry but you got things completely confused. Taking objective tokens has absolutely nothing to do with finding the supply cards (rice, water and canned food).

The supply cards should be part of the equipment deck. You find them by performing Search actions inside buildings. Getting the objective tokens is a completely separate thing you have to do as well.

There's no such thing as an "object marker". Those Xs are "objective tokens". They are an objective in and of themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
Wha? wh.... ahh... uh? What?

Man, sorry but you got things completely confused. Taking objective tokens has absolutely nothing to do with finding the supply cards (rice, water and canned food).

The supply cards should be part of the equipment deck. You find them by performing Search actions inside buildings. Getting the objective tokens is a completely separate thing you have to do as well.

There's no such thing as an "object marker". Those Xs are "objective tokens". They are an objective in and of themselves.

Thanks for clearing that up. I think the part that confused me was the fact that they were basically nameless objectives and the "objective" of the mission was to find rice, water and canned food so assumed that the "objective" could only be fulfilled by activating the objective tokens.

So, basically these X objective tokens are just there to give you 5 free experience points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And also to force you to visit all those rooms in order to collect them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
goblinsavingthrow wrote:
friends and I have discussed Using an action to combine the pan, rice, canned food and water as an action(cook), then each survivor can use an action to heal a slot(eat) if in the same room without zombies. otherwise they covered it per rules.

I think I may go with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vegel C
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
my house rule is to set those supply card aside, coz if you are not looking for them those stuff looks like junk anyway. So I reasoned that survivors looking for pistols and weapons would just push old bags and unlabeled cans aside.
yes the deck would be less diluted shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 393187. vegel
  • 1d20 =
  • (14) =
  • Fri Jul 5, 2013 10:31 am
  • [+]
  • 747910. Panguin
  • 1d8 + 1d12 - 4 =
  • (1) + (9) - 4 =
  • Wed Jul 8, 2015 3:08 pm
  • [+]
  • 784911. bop517
  • 1d20 =
  • (9) =
  • Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:10 pm
  • [+]
  • 784912. bop517
  • 1d20 =
  • (15) =
  • Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:11 pm
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vegel wrote:
my house rule is to set those supply card aside, coz if you are not looking for them those stuff looks like junk anyway. So I reasoned that survivors looking for pistols and weapons would just push old bags and unlabeled cans aside.

This not only makes the deck diluted but makes the game a lot easier because you only ever find useful things. That is the main purpose of those cards despite them also being used in certain missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vegel C
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
jonahmaul wrote:
vegel wrote:

This not only makes the deck diluted but makes the game a lot easier because you only ever find useful things. That is the main purpose of those cards despite them also being used in certain missions.

yes it does, coz I can only play solo and got killed so many times because of failed searches and lack of weapons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dork Angel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I always thought there should be some use for them as survivors should always want supplies regardless of the mission. I like the trade one set of each to heal a wound idea, perhaps giving up a whole turn to do so in a building with no visible zombies. I also thought of using them like temporary experience points. You gain an experience point for each one you carry but lose one for each one you subsequently drop/lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
You can use them in a campaign.
One card heals one wound between missions.
So you have to carry them to the exit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fairmont
msg tools
Was thinking of house ruling this:

At any point during a survivors turn, they may discard bag of rice, water or canned food for 2 exp.

Obviously I got the idea from Inferred weapons.
This sound good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Tibbitts
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrBob0069 wrote:
Was thinking of house ruling this:

At any point during a survivors turn, they may discard bag of rice, water or canned food for 2 exp.

Obviously I got the idea from Inferred weapons.
This sound good?

Actually the more I think about that the more I like the idea, though I think I will go with just 1 exp, but the survivors need to eat to survive too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on some ideas to make a longer term campaign, where missions take place over days, not all survivors go on every mission but if you have enough survivors, multiple missions can occur in the same day. There would also be a home base that needs to be fortified. I haven't crunched the numbers yet for the mechanics, but I'm thinking something like discard one food to keep three survivors between days. You lose survivors if you don't have enough food for the whole group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie B
United States
flag msg tools
Similar to other people on this thread, we have our own house rule that the combination of a pan and any food item (including water) can be used to heal one wound. After that you have to discard the food item but you can keep the pan. We've found that it encourages people to save food cards as well as the pan card (which we otherwise consider almost useless).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.