Popular Tags: [View All]
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this was pretty funny, I ordered a copy of Phoenicia from Tanga and here's what I saw when I opened the box. Note there's exactly one airpack in the upper left corner of the box. What they thought this would do to protect the contents, I can't imagine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tanga doesn't do packaging. They are a middleman, and just tell whoever they contracted with where the game is supposed to be sent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Discussing Retailers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
fyi, while the game you bought was Phoenicia, as your title indicates, this would get you complaint better exposure I believe in the "discussing retailers" forum where others have also commented on etailer packaging practices
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a complaint, I just thought it was funny.

My game is in perfect condition, there's nothing to complain about.

I disagree with virtually all moderation decisions around here, but of course it's their site, they can do what they want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Langhorne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"I will take love wherever I find it, and offer it to everyone who will take it. Seek knowledge from those wiser, and teach those who wish to learn." -Duane Allman
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Note there's exactly one airpack in the upper left corner of the box. What they thought this would do to protect the contents, I can't imagine.

Well, it appears to have worked...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they also filled the box with a bear repellent before shipping. So far, no bears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JJ... Good to see that Geek of the Week hasn't made you soft.

JeffyJeff wrote:
fyi, while the game you bought was Phoenicia, as your title indicates, this would get you complaint better exposure I believe in the "discussing retailers" forum where others have also commented on etailer packaging practices
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I once got a copy of Campaign Manager 2008 that I ordered thru Tanga in a box that was way too big with 6 foam packing peanuts inside. It's almost as though whoever packed the order went out of his way to show how little he cared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gray
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
I thought this was pretty funny

My shipment wasn't so funny. cry Anyone have experience with damage from Tanga shipping. How might they resolve this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nightglider1 wrote:
I once got a copy of Campaign Manager 2008 that I ordered thru Tanga in a box that was way too big with 6 foam packing peanuts inside. It's almost as though whoever packed the order went out of his way to show how little he cared.

What he said. It wasn't campaign Manager, but I received multiple copies of a game some time ago that had around ten little green packing peanuts, most of which were completely flat. It was sort of... amusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Borders
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tanga is basically a broker. I dont know what their profit margin is but they dont ship nor store anything.

From how it was explained to me, you tell them you have X items to sell and how much the shipping is. They tell you when said items sell. They get paid then you get paid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speedbump858 wrote:
Tanga is basically a broker. I dont know what their profit margin is but they dont ship nor store anything.

That doesn't make them any less responsible for the condition of the goods that they sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I'm pretty sure if you told Tanga what happened they would have a database or something that tells them who is selling the product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
That doesn't make them any less responsible for the condition of the goods that they sell.

Nobody said they aren't responsible, but the fact is that they have no control of packaging. There is no such thing as Tanga packaging. And none of this has anything to do with the game Phoenicia itself, so I'm glad to see the thread was moved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiamat wrote:
I'm pretty sure if you told Tanga what happened they would have a database or something that tells them who is selling the product.

Of course they know who sold it; they sent the purchaser's address and part of the proceeds to the shipper. Telling them that you didn't like the packaging but the game arrived in good condition anyway isn't going to accomplish anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Nobody said they aren't responsible, but the fact is that they have no control of packaging.

Well, of course they do. When you hire someone to do something, you choose what you require of them, how you supervise that process, what recourse you have when they don't perform, etc., etc. These things are all under your control, whether you choose to control them or not.

Quote:
And none of this has anything to do with the game Phoenicia

Maybe you missed what's in the box! Look again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Sphere wrote:
Tiamat wrote:

Of course they know who sold it; they sent the purchaser's address and part of the proceeds to the shipper. Telling them that you didn't like the packaging but the game arrived in good condition anyway isn't going to accomplish anything.

I'm not so sure about that, but anyway there is a poster in this thread with a damaged Phoenicia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiamat wrote:
I'm not so sure about that, but anyway there is a poster in this thread with a damaged Phoenicia.

Ooh, that sounds bad. Perhaps they should seek medical attention! shake

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Goyes
Colombia
Bogota
Cundinamarca
flag msg tools
badge
It’s true hard work never killed anyone, but I figure, why take the chance? - Ronald Reagan
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I bought 2 Factory Fun games and both fo them came with heavy damage to the factory boards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Sphere wrote:
Nobody said they aren't responsible, but the fact is that they have no control of packaging.

Well, of course they do. When you hire someone to do something, you choose what you require of them, how you supervise that process, what recourse you have when they don't perform, etc., etc. These things are all under your control, whether you choose to control them or not.

Ummmm I think you missed something. Tanga doesn't hire these people.

Though in the past I have found Tanga customer service to be very helpful. So the people with damaged things should contact them for replacement or refund.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
jgoyes wrote:
Yes I bought 2 Factory Fun games and both fo them came with heavy damage to the factory boards

Where the outer boxes damaged? Or just the things inside?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
Ummmm I think you missed something. Tanga doesn't hire these people.

You can hire an employee to perform a service for you, or you can hire a firm to provide a service to you. The same word covers both. Tanga is hiring a company to send me a game that Tanga sold to me. They aren't acting as an intermediary where I purchase the game from a third party and they just broker the transaction. Therefore they are responsible for fulfillment.

Anyway, as I said before, I have no complaint. My game is perfect. The thread isn't about a complaint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Goyes
Colombia
Bogota
Cundinamarca
flag msg tools
badge
It’s true hard work never killed anyone, but I figure, why take the chance? - Ronald Reagan
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
jgoyes wrote:

Where the outer boxes damaged? Or just the things inside?

Only the things on the inside. I already contacted Z-man games about this and their custromer service is great! I didn´t contacted Tanga as they sold the games so cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gray
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Tiamat wrote:
Sphere wrote:
Tiamat wrote:

I opened a support ticket with Tanga to see what they would say.

The way it was packaged was just stupid. 3 sides of the box were in direct flat contact with games transferring any rough handling forces on the exterior to the games inside. No packing material at all to protect the bulk of the product inside.

Also, both copies of Heaven of Olympus in the shipment had bad creasing. The HofO boxes aren't the most sturdy, but they are large and were unprotected in a way that if any box (who knows how heavy) was resting on my shipment it would have transferred the weight directly to the large surface area of the game boxes and their contents. No wonder they were creased.

Despite the chuck taken out of the Phoenicia box, I doubt the internal components of Phoenicia were damaged (much). But I do plan on using many of the games I buy from Tanga as gifts. So it's not good to have them arrive damaged.

Tanga is sells distressed inventory through drop-ship relationships. TANGA IS NOT DING AND DENT SALES... so having my stuff both ding'd and dented in this shipment sorta pissed me off. I'll give them latitude due to the price, but not that much latitude.

I live about 20 minutes from the fulfillment center for this one, so I may just drive down there and see if they will swap it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.