United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not sure, in a Runner mindset where you have to look one at a time, but figure this is different (look at all three).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played that you choose to look or not.

If you look, then you draw the top 3 cards, install/rez any ICE you want to and finally trash any non-ICE and/or any ICE you chose to not install/rez.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

If you look, then you draw the top 3 cards, install/rez any ICE you want to and finally trash any non-ICE and/or any ICE you chose to not install/rez.

Yeah definitely optional. I think the card is pretty clear that it's three at a time (doesn't expressly say so, but doesn't need to necessarily) but just wasn't sure given that in the Runner context you look at them one at a time when you're looking at top X cards. Makes sense though since Runner is still "accessing" and Corp is just looking. :p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CD Harris
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

While not definitive, my opponent played this in the Icebreaker tournament while two of the FFG judges watched our game. He looked at all three at once and they didn't gainsay him. That seems to fit the intent of the card, to be sure.

[Given that our match was far from mattering to the standings, I'm still not sure why they were hanging out watching our game instead of one that meant something, but they were very nice and were more than willing to answer questions and such, so we were glad they were there.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amuk wrote:
[Given that our match was far from mattering to the standings, I'm still not sure why they were hanging out watching our game instead of one that meant something, but they were very nice and were more than willing to answer questions and such, so we were glad they were there.]

I think your answer is right there. The Icebreaker Tournament wasn't around to find the world's best A:NR players, but rather to give a very positive experience to fans who are surely spreading the word about this game as we speak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lindsay
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
"May look at top 3"

It's worded in such a way it's all or nothing. Either you look at the top 3 or you don't look at the top 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it said "access" for some reason, I think you would do one card at a time, but it doesn't. Your choices are first "look" or "not look." If you chose "look" you pick up three cards from your deck and then your second choice is "install+rez 0/1/2/3 of these cards for free."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.