We just got Cardcassonne two days ago & I sleeved all cards readily.
I read the rules & we played our first game.
Hubby doesn't like Cardcassonne. He feels that Master Galleries is a much better game.
I had read about how many of u prefer this to its namesake Carcassonne board game. I was hoping that it would be a hit with hubby. Now I couldn't help but wonder if we are playing it correctly?
Appreciate all your kind advice.
1. What is the purpose of placing a mismatched coloured face down card in any particular row? I gathered it is supposed to be a "screw your neighbour" kind of effect. But we couldn't really understand how does it work.
Every card in the game has positive benefits so there is no screwage as far as the cards themselves. The face down cards are a sort of bluffing element that allows you to set yourself with a good card if you end up claiming that row or entice someone else with just an average card. One really effective way to set yourself up is to place a mismatched ”building” card in the row that already has a non mismatched building card in it. This is the only way to get two different colored building cards (big points for sets in the end) in one turn. Of course this assumes you claim the row before someone else does and can be painful if someone gets there before you do.
2. So what happened next when a face down mismatched card is revealed?
How does the scoring work for that row? How does it penalized the other player?
There are no penalties in the game.
From the rules:
If a player claims a face down card that does not match the color of the row it is in, it is handled in the following
– For each person card claimed in a false color, the player immediately records 10 points on the scoring track and
returns the card to the box.
For each animal or building card claimed in a false color there are two possibilities:
1. He immediately records 10 point on the scoring track and returns the card to the box.
2. He places the animal card in his play area and scores points accordingly; He places the building card under his chest.
3. When u claim a row, do u score for all the people, animals & put the building cards under your treasure chest?
Yes, at the end of each round.