Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Applejack
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After I find another copy of Rabbit Hole from my stack, after installing the first one, do I have to pay a 2nd click to install the new one, or just the 2 creds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
Just the creds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Applejack
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Very good to know. In terms of the rules, why do I not pay the click?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
The act of looking through your deck, retrieving the second Rabbit Hole and paying for it is all on the Rabbit Hole's effect text. All of that is the single click you paid for the initial Rabbit Hole.

If it had cost an additional action, the click symbol would precede "When installed..."
Edit: Which, now thinking about it, might raise some weird timing issues. I don't even know if that'd work.

To further ease your mind, a multi Rabbit Hole install happened at the GenCon Tourney Finals which you can watch. It played out as I explained.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
Neverfade wrote:
If it had cost an additional action, the click symbol would precede "When installed..."
Edit: Which, now thinking about it, might raise some weird timing issues. I don't even know if that'd work.

If they wanted to do that, I think the easiest way to word it would have been "When you install Rabbit Hole, you may pay @,$2 to search your deck for a Rabbit Hole and install it, ignoring costs."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any time a card directs you to do something that would normally cost an action (install a card, draw a card, make a run) or other resources, the cost to play the currently active card is the cost.

Put another way:

Do Anonymous Tip or Diesel require you to spend 3 more clicks to draw cards?
Do Maker's Eye, Inside Job or Demolition Run require you to spend a click for the Run?
Does Accelerated Beta Test require you to spend 3 clicks to draw 3 cards and up to 3 more clicks to then install the cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Does Accelerated Beta Test require you to spend 3 clicks to draw 3 cards and up to 3 more clicks to then install the cards?

Pardon me, Runner, but do you mind if I borrow some clicks from the next couple turns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
Neverfade wrote:
The act of looking through your deck, retrieving the second Rabbit Hole and paying for it is all on the Rabbit Hole's effect text. All of that is the single click you paid for the initial Rabbit Hole.

To further ease your mind, a multi Rabbit Hole install happened at the GenCon Tourney Finals which you can watch. It played out as I explained.

I watched that video where the guy pulled 3 Rabbit Holes, but I didn't catch what he payed for all of them. Did he get all 3 for 1 click and 6 credits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If he was playing Mac, it'd be 1 click and 5 credits, assuming it was the first install.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.