United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I have recently been re-bitten by Fantasy Flight Games Living Card Games (LCG). Notably their excellent re-do of Netrunner. One member of my regular gaming group also plays them but I am wondering about setting up some form of informal group for some regular LCG gaming in or around Shrewsbury.

I'm very open to ideas and input but I'm thinking something fortnightly, but happy to meet weekly if demand is there. I'm thinking we'll probably meet up in a pub or similar venue. I live in Shrewsbury but would be happy to travel if it means attracting more players (don't really want to spend more than 1/2 hour travelling tho!)

Gamewise - as I mentioned I'm looking at games that follow the LCG model (I currently own Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Invasion, A Game of Thrones and Lord of The Rings) but am happy to consider any games that follow along this model and if the interest is there I'd be happy to run some friendly tournaments. I can categorically say that I DON'T want to get involved in blind pack purchase games such as Magic the Gathering, World of Warcraft et al.

Apologies for the slight vagueness of this post but want to gauge interest before looking too far into venues etc. If you are interested then please post below or GM me. (Also if someone around Shrewsbury knows of an existing group along these lines please do let me know-I don't want to tread on any toes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly going to be interested in Netrunner, I have a copy even if I've not managed to play it yet. Nights are going to be a problem though as I seem to work too many of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the interest Paul, Netrunner is definitely my main 'want to play' at the moment too, after receiving my copy from you last Friday. However, I don't want people to think I'm shutting the door on other LCGs tho and will gladly play any of them if it means we can get something regular underway.

A daytime meet shouldn't be a problem, but would have to be at the weekend as I've built up a bad habit called work during weekday day times...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve perkins
United Kingdom
Telford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in Warhammer:Invasion and Lord of the Rings.

There are 3 others who play Warhammer: Invasion and the 4 of us play on a semi-regular basis (About every 6 weeks or so) at the Telford club. The one guy is off to University shortly. So joining us would be ideal.

We can geekmail you on the nights we are thinking of having a game. We play both one on one and team play.

It is a Thursday we play on, so I don't know how you are fixed for that night.

I'm a little fixture heavy to play on yet another night. But I might be able to manage alternative Wednesdays at a pub in the Shrewsbury Area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Steve!

Thanks for the response. I've been GM-ing Paul about a possible meetup on a Thursday with a view to having a go at Android: Netrunner, but I'll also gladly play any of the games you mention too (I've got a few Warhammer cards and the LoTR starter set.

I have suggested 27th September as a possible date. I don't want to impact on your usual gaming nights too much so I'm happy to fit in when appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.