Kevin H
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Wow...do I feel like an idiot...

For the last FEW MONTHS...I have been replying to comments on my geeklists through the geekmail private message function.

Problem is...none of my replies got to the people I replied to...none of them.

I just figured it out today.

You see, when you get a Geeklist comment, BoardGameGeek sends you a message that says "Soandso has left you a comment on your Geeklist"

What I had foolishly been doing, is hitting REPLY and typing in my response. But my REPLY has been going to BOARDGAMEGEEK, and NOT to the Soandso that had left comments on my list...

I didn't realize I had to type their name into the "TO" field...

Oh boy...

Maybe the admins could fix this and make the "reply" automatically go to the person that left the comment. I'm sure I'm not the only person that has done this...

Not that I don't feel incredibly sheepish blush

I'm talking dozens of messages over months of time...wow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mbmbmbmbmb
MontyCircus wrote:
I'm sure I'm not the only person that has done this...

Not that I don't feel incredibly sheepish blush

Actually, you are the only one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Hancox
Australia
Melbourne
Vic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, never happened to me. Must just be you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin H
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
hahaha...no no I can't be!

I know there's someone else out there! cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre-Luc Thiffault
Canada
St-Laurent
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MontyCircus wrote:
hahaha...no no I can't be!

I know there's someone else out there! cry

laughlaughlaugh

Nope your the only alone, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Why reply privately to a comment left publicly?

I've never done it since I don't know what they say until I go to the geeklist. Then I comment there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin H
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
A few months back I made a Geeklist so people could rate the top 200 BGG games based on "game weight".

A few weeks after I made it, BGG adopted it, and threw weight rating capabilities up on each game's page, rendering my geeklist obsolete. Pretty neat laugh

Ever since then, people are still giving their weight ratings on my old geeklist. So I was trying to inform them that they can do it on each game's page etc.etc.

Unfortunately none of those PM's got through...and I still don't think most BGG users are aware of the game weight feature. There was a sticky on the front page for a week or 2...but I'm not sure that was long enough.

Here are some top 200 (or so) BGG games with few weight ratings:

Hybrid, Grant Takes Command, Full Metal Planete, Gamut of Games, Strat-O-Matic Baseball, Elfenroads, Settlers of Zarahelma, Totaler Krieg!, The Third World War, RAF, Napoleon, Great Battles of Alexander, Warmaster, Flames of War, Whistling Death, Downtown: Air War Over Hanoi, Wilderness War, Funkenschlag, Breaking Away, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Show Manager, The Civil War, 1870, Battlestations, Roads and Boats

All of these have less than 10 weight ratings, most have just 3 or 4, even though all of them have 70+ game ratings...

It would be nice if at least all the games in the top 200 had 10 or more weight ratings. 30 would be ideal, but with some wargames only having 70 ratings...10 will do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.