Subject: Custom portable box. Stores Sleeved Cards and Tokens! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Chircop
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GOSU comes with an awesome looking box. The box is however MUCH bigger than needed.

Either due my constant urge to make things smaller or more portable, or out of pure boredom of not having someone to play GOSU with. I decided to embark on an epic quest of solving this issue.. (It wasnt that epic really.. but lets just say is was to keep everyone intrigued.. dominionly intrigued.. (excuse my terrible pun humour)

Now a custom tuckbox for NON-sleeved cards has already been posted in the files section, and kudos to the poster (frediccini) for the good work. But I sleeved my gosu cards, so that isn't much use now is it? And it does NOT store the tokens in it.

My first reaction was to search for a tuckbox for sleeved cards, there wasnt one in the files section.. i soon realized why. Well the thickness of the deck is too much to fit a printable, closable tuckbox on an A4 paper.. because the lid won't close!

Anyway, not to bother anyone with too many details here's what i came up with..

]

Made out of 2 separate A4 sized glossy cardstock sheets, Cut folded and glued!
And the best thing is... all of the sleeved cards fit! as well as all the tokens in a little zip-lock bag, tightly slipped into the inside of the lid!

Nothing too astounding.. but very funtional.. in my humble opinion.

Hope u like it.. let me know if anyone would like some files posted in the files section.

The box is a customised version of the tuckbox posted by frediccini in the files section (changed size and some of the artwork) whilst the lid template was designed by me, using artwork from the Gallery on BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea!

I keep Kamakor in the same box as the base-set, though, so...would this double the depth of your box? How would it be structurally?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaminder Dhillon
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool! I'm glad you came up with a way to mod the box I made for your sleeved cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chircop
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It won't be possible create a box out of A4 paper to hold SLEEVED cards for BOTH kamakor and gosu. You will either need an A3 printer, or hold them in two separate custom boxes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.