Subject: General Comment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Dwarves digging for colored gems. Make sets of 8 according to your personal card or two common cards. If you mess with your opponents, you actually lose ground, so there is little in the way of interaction. Bland repetition will keep me clear of this one. Once was enough. A 4. I must admit however, that others liked it and in fact some liked it a lot. I can't understand why. I wanted to like this one as I thought the graphics were sensational and I was really looking forward to playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Orleans
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:General Comment
Sometimes messing with your opponents (with shadow dwarfs) is essential in order to achieve your own goals. For example, if there are not enough gems in a mine to go around, and you're not the first player, you may need to send a shadow dwarf to that mine to (try to) prevent other players from taking all the gems. Also, you may need to get two more gems to fill a job, and stealing them from other players might be the best way to get them. It's true that there is an opportunity cost to using a shadow dwarf, but often it's the best choice.
On the other hand, sometimes you just don't have enough productive things to do with your dwarfs, and that's when you can afford to just mess around with other players with no direct gain for yourself (such as reducing their job value, or sending a silver dwarf home). Fortunately this does not happen very often, or it would degenerate into a "take that" game, but it happens often enough that there is no lack of interaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.